I missed the Film (ATOC!!!) because I was out "trying" to buy figs!!!

Okay, how's this for BAD luck. WRETCHED! HORRIBLE!!! THE WORST!!!!

I had a lot of errands to do today and I was meeting friends for dinner --- so I left a little early and thought that I'd hit a few stores.

Five minutes after I left the apartment a former coworker of mine who is a film critic called me at the last minute to go to an Episode II Press Screening as his girlfriend had taken ill! ARGH!!! Because I went out in the vain attempt at locating a Royal Guard I literally missed seeing Attack of the Clones!!!

It's all the fault of Scalpers because if I could have just boughten the damn figs like a normal person I'd have been home and bailed on the dinner and I'd be watching the show even as I type.

God has cursed me -- I think!!!!!!

Wow, thems the breaks.

Don't worry too much though, we all would have hated you for seeing it early anyway; so it is all for the best.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Yes, to bigbarada you listen !
    I wouldn't be able to be friendly with you any more mark, I'd just be too jealous.

Man what an opportunity!!!!!!!!! That would have been SO frickin awesome to see it more than a week before everyone. I wouldn't have been jealous, I would have been very envious. Oh well I guess it just wasn't meant to be. On the bright side you can see the movie in just 8 days.

Bummer dude. Then again didn't you like just "happen" to get a Jorg Sacul figure? Seeing AOTC early would have just been TOO good.

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

Anyway, my Friend LOVED the movie. Said it was amazing! Though the Love story is a bit clunky and that's mainly because Miss Portman was in the words of my friend "Surprisingly Bland." (He was a huge fan of The Professional.) When I asked him what was the standout scene all he said was one word "Yoda." Hayden is "much better." The films is "really visually inventive" and unlike TPM (Really kicks into high gear!" The last half out is "Beyond Amazing." I didn't go much into specifics as I don't want to ruin it for me.

PS --- Terry, my friend, is not a Huge fan of Star Wars per se ---- and he used to chide me all the time about how wretched TPM was. So, if he's this positive about the film it must REALLY be good. He said that everybody --- and THIS was a press screening in ultra-cynical LA --- was totally pumped up by the end and that the applause afterwards was tremendous! I can't wait to see it now!
    Last edited by mark2d2; 05-08-2002 at 01:50 PM.

Man that stinks. Sorry you missed the show.

I just ran out to lunch and stopped by my local TRU, which I thought would be fruitless since they have figures packed to the gills on the pegs. Low and behold they had several boxes of new shipment and I scored a Royal Guard, Taun We and Luminara Unduli!! Still no Dooku's but I found these three and this is the first time I've seen them in my area. Hang in there and keep checking.
    Casual George

Like my mother used to say... "You are missing out on a lot of thing because you are so wrapped up in your toys!!''

I suppose in your case, my dear friend, she was RIGHT! Oh, well... just one more week.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I wouldn't sweat it. I'm sure the toys are way better than the movie, NOT!

So you missed the show and the movie? Good thing you weren't Noah. You'd be out chasing that last chicken to get on the ark when the flood came.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas