Is the Emperor a Droidist?

As to why there are no Battle Droids/ Droidekas in the Original Trilogy (besides the fact that they weren't a twinkle in Lucas's eye yet, or were they? Only he knows.)

He doesn't seem to be a Droidist since the Empire uses other droids. Probe Droids, The Death Star Droids, Astromech Droids, Interogation Droids, IG-88, etc.

The Droidekas seem to be very effective. (seeing as how not even a Jedi can take one on) Exspecially with thier sheilds, except when hit with Starfighter lasers. Though I'm sure thier sheilds could be upgraded against that.
    Last edited by Battle Droid; 05-08-2002 at 12:57 AM.

Everybody in the OT SW universe besides Luke seems to have prejudices against droids - it's actually part of the story. As for the Emp, he seems to have prejudices against women and aliens serving in his forces, so I wouldn't be surprised by droidism.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Uhh, Droidekas aren't very effective.....

sure Jedi run from 'em......but Gungans mow 'em down like weeds.......
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

but Gungans mow 'em down like weeds.......
    That's cause those didn't have sheilds or at least didn't have them on.

well since lucas didn't have the idea of droidekas back then they aren't in te movie...if he wouldn't have had thought them up earliewr they would be in the OT (although the technology of that time wouldn't have allowed them)
    now we probably just have to act as if the empire doesn't like droids

Droideka's shields couldn't stay up when they were moving, that was their flaw (that and they were totally pointless against ship-based weaponry like the lasers on the Naboo fighter).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.