Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spiderman World Trade Center footage

Ok, can I just say, this kind of sloppy reporting really bothers me. I just read this on IMDB.com

Originally posted by IMDB
    Spider-Man WTC Scenes Reappear On Internet

Scenes for the Spider-Man movie that were shot at the World Trade Center and used in a trailer for the movie prior to Sept. 11 are cropping up all over the Internet. MSNBC.com's Jeannette Walls said Tuesday that Sony execs are "furious" that the scenes showing bank robbers being caught in a web spun by Spider-Man between the towers are being shown without authorization. Walls quoted one person who had seen the trailer as saying, "You can definitely tell why they cut it out. It hits way too close to home."
    Granted, this isn't a huge deal or anything, but if whoever reported this had actually bothered to ask Sony, they would have been told that the World Trade Center footage that was seen in that first Spiderman trailer was created SPECIFICALLY for that trailer. It was never intended to be in the film.

It just bothers me that reporters like this never seem to bother to get real facts; they just want to get a quote from any schmo on the street (who in this case was as uninformed as the reporter) so they can print it really large...
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I would have kinda liked that scene if it was in the movie. I don't think it would have been as traumatic as reporters make things out to be.
    Your signature here!

Well... the footage isn't in the film and these reporters are morons... Check your facts people!!!

Uhhh... Besides even if the WTC was in the final cut, they're going to rebuild the towers anyhow so what's the big deal? Are they going to put them back into the films they "erased" them from once the towers have been completed. Yes... it was horrible that it happened, but get over it. To leave them in these films is a more fitting tribute to the people who died. To remove them will actually be stupid and will remind us that they once weren't there! Are we going to start erasing car crashes from films because people are traumatised from flashbacks of their own car crashes? Sheesh! I'm a compassionate guy, but this is just ludicrous!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    Well... the footage isn't in the film and these reporters are morons... Check your facts people!!!

Uhhh... Besides even if the WTC was in the final cut, they're going to rebuild the towers anyhow so what's the big deal? Are they going to put them back into the films they "erased" them from once the towers have been completed. Yes... it was horrible that it happened, but get over it. To leave them in these films is a more fitting tribute to the people who died. To remove them will actually be stupid and will remind us that they once weren't there! Are we going to start erasing car crashes from films because people are traumatised from flashbacks of their own car crashes? Sheesh! I'm a compassionate guy, but this is just ludicrous!
    Amen.

Following this "traumatic" logic, should HBO pull this month's documentray/tribute to the Towers? I think not.

Reporters reporting wrong facts? Gasp, it's not possible. The scene of Spidey capturing the Bank Robbers was never planned for the movie, as pthfnder89 said. It was just the original teaser trailer and they wanted to show Spidey in a dynamic way. The WTC attack was a tragety, but no more then any other attack. Hell, look at Pearl Harbor...that was a major tragedy, and they made a kissy face romance movie out of it. I have the WTC Spidey trailer downloaded off the net, and saved on my hard drive, and I think it's a great trailer.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 05-08-2002 at 07:24 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I bet in years to come they'll make a moive on the towers.with Ben affelck and Matt Dameon they put them in alot of moives.
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.

I thought that horrible A Knight's Tale DVD included the WTC trailer but then they recalled most of them. Am I correct?

If so, maybe there's a rental or used copy out there. Plus, there's always the web.

Originally posted by Caesar
    I thought that horrible A Knight's Tale DVD included the WTC trailer but then they recalled most of them. Am I correct?

If so, maybe there's a rental or used copy out there. Plus, there's always the web.
    Nope, it wasn't available on DVD unfortunately. I bought that DVD the day it came out (you didnt' like the movie? I loved it!) and it's not on it.

Pretty much the only way to get it now is off the net.

187-Maul, I downloaded it from a website that had it. I just used google.com. But you can also get it from a file-sharing program like Morpheus or Kazaa. I checked on both and got several matches for it.

JJB is right, it's a wonderful trailer, despite the slight unreality of seeing the Twin Towers. The copy I have is pretty poor, so I've been looking for a better one.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

1) IMDB is so stupid, if they had bothered to check their own "Alternate Versions" listing for Spider-Man (2002), they might notice the phrase "specially-shot sequence".

2) There's gotta be the larger version of the quicktime version of the trailer off Apple.com out there still, if I had the bandwidth I could share it (it's well over a dozen meg though and I'm on a piddly 56k).

3) I didn't love the trailer, I thought it was kinda fneh, but it wasn't PU-terrible.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.