Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedge!!!

Lightbulb Wedge!!!

Why have they never got round to doing a carded Wedge? The man who REALLY blew up the second Death Star...

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    ...and the man who wussied out at the first Death Star.

What he said: "I'm Hit! I can't stay with you. Sorry."

What he was thinking: "Geezus! There are TIE fighters EVERYWHERE!!! I just soiled my flight suit!! And there's DARTH VADER!!! I have to get out of here...I know I'll tell them I've been hit and that I can't stay...ooohhh...I want my mommy...."

At least Biggs died doing what he was supposed to, protecting his wingman.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

That's a fair point actually... I mean Luke kept going, and his stabilizer kept coming loose! And Hoth, he lost his gunner, but it didn't stop him setting up runs for other speeders!

I never got that Wedge thing in ANH. He could still fly the thing, it wasn't a major problem, why did Luke tell him to get clear?

New figure then, the "soiled spacesuit" Atomic Wedgie!

The reason Wedge lived and Biggs died is simple. Wedge was a coward who deserved to die, and Biggs was fated to survive that battle. However, after the "Piggy" crack, the will of the Force felt that Biggs needed to die a horrible death, and that Wedge would live to maintain the Balance of the Force.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The script to ANH has Wedge's X-wing taking a direct hit from Vader, but Luke's never directly hit. I guess the idea is to show that Wedge is really messed up and simply cannot continue straight without maybe flying into Luke or Biggs.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I dont really think we need one. The Wedge from the 3-pack is fine, a very cool figure that kind of looks like me without the long hair and glasses

Unless I was some hard core Wedge fan who did not unpackage my figures and wanted a mint-on-card resculpted Wedge Antillies sitting aboute the fireplace, I really wouldn't bother buying one.
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

Originally posted by Brave Sir Robin
    I dont really think we need one. The Wedge from the 3-pack is fine, a very cool figure that kind of looks like me without the long hair and glasses
    Have you customized the 3pack wedge into yourself since it looks like yourself???
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Angry Arg!

Stop making fun of Wedge! The reason he left is because he obviously knew that if he stayed he could endanger the mission further. The only reason that Luke lived is because he had Artoo and the Force. Biggs died because he was too stupid to eject or pull up, he had enough time to. So, it wasn't that he was afraid or anything, he felt that he had to because he didn't want to mess up the mission anymore than it already was. I would like a carded Wedge, I mean we got a carded Porkins and Biggs, now we need Wedge, Red Leader, and Gold Squadron. Wedge is better than Luke and Biggs......
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

A carded Wedge would be cool! I, for one, never took his pulling out of the Death Star Trench as cowardice just a malfunction that could have killed him or Luke. Luke was smart enough to let him get out of harm's way to prevent unecessary loss of life. Either that or he hoped the TIE Fighters would follow him.

I would also like to see a carded Zev (Rogue Two), someone needs to rescue those dumb Rebels who stay out after dark.

If you don't recall who Zev was then:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rogue2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	84  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Yeah, and having a Zev figure will open the door for Edina and Patsy figures, which could then lead to Bubbles, Gran, and Saffron figures. (I'll be slightly impressed if anybody gets THAT cross-reference)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.