Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How are you helping promote AOTC ?

I thought about it and I want to help promote AOTC b/c I am a huge Star Wars fan. My way of helping is that I put ALL of the TV Spots on VCD and have them playing on repeat at the Wal-Mart that I work at. Lots of people look to amazement and say, "That was cool" or "I really can't wait to see it." Another thingh is that I think Spider-man is cool, but no one seems to think Star Wars will beat it. I think we need to get peoples eyes focused on old George's vision and help Star Wars AOTC take #1 spot in the all-time most grossing film. So do what you can to help. We want Star Wars to be what it is b/c its so great, not b/c of just the name!
    Anakin - "Do you call this a diplomatic solution?"
    Padme - "I call it aggressive negotiations!"

Well, I'm really excited that AOTC is looking to be a great Star Wars movie. But personally I don't think it needs too much help in being promoted. I've happily told most of my friends and family that it will be much better than Episode 1 and why, and I'm pretty happy that that's enough
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Re: How are you helping promote AOTC ?

Originally posted by Jedi_Rainman
    I thought about it and I want to help promote AOTC b/c I am a huge Star Wars fan. My way of helping is that I put ALL of the TV Spots on VCD and have them playing on repeat at the Wal-Mart that I work at. Lots of people look to amazement and say, "That was cool" or "I really can't wait to see it." Another thingh is that I think Spider-man is cool, but no one seems to think Star Wars will beat it. I think we need to get peoples eyes focused on old George's vision and help Star Wars AOTC take #1 spot in the all-time most grossing film. So do what you can to help. We want Star Wars to be what it is b/c its so great, not b/c of just the name!
    What is with all these Star Wars fans who want AOTC to be "#1" or "highest grossing" or whatnot? If its great, its great, if it sucks, it sucks, so be it. Why do people care if other people see it or not?

I didn't get all the fuss over Titantic, and I don't get the all the hubbub.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Promoting the film is not my job, I just buy the merchandise and movie tickets. When Lucas puts me on his payroll, then I will worry about promoting the film.

The only reason Ep2 needs to make a lot of money is because GL uses the profits from one movie to finance the next movie. However, I think he made enough off of TPM to finance Ep2, Ep3 and another two trilogies.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'm npt promoting it until I get paid for it. If It is good, then the closest I will come is to suggest someone see it. I don't care how much money it makes, as long as it is good.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

<---------<<<

Actually I'm not "promoting" directly, I just chose to have a Clone helmet instead of a Stormtrooper on my avatar since...E2 is coming out soon.

I think E2 might have a chance to get into the billions, but if it doesn't then oh well.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Its not gonna beat Spiderman for opening weekend sales. Thats my opinion.

EP1 put off enough people that some just won't come back to see EP2 until they hear a good review. I think after opening weekend/days more and more will come to see it.

As for promoting it, I buy my figs and get my tickets. I'm not promoting something for GL when it doesn't even need it.

I'm not promoting AOTC...just supporting it(Avatar&Quotes).Until I see money coming my way encouraging me to promote..I wont.Its not my job
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I promote.

Well I promote it heavily. SW has been my passion for 25 years. It's the reason I do what I do for a living. I have only heard great reviews about EPII and from what I've seen of the previews and read online or in magazine/newspapers, it's going to do well. I don't think it will beat Spidey's open but I do think it will beat him in overall domestic and definitely in worldwide ticket sales.

As to how I promote it...., If I'm in a store such as Wal*Mart, Target and so on , and I see someone pass by and make a comment about the toys or the movie as I am looking at the toys, I casually start up a conversation about how this one is getting great reviews and is nothing like EPI and that it more closely harkens back to the classic trilogy. Some people ask me questions and if they don't mind spoilers I answer them. Another way to promote EPII is by the way I shop for toys. If I see a hard to find fig that was in the back of others or hidden, I move it too the front. this way even casual passersby will see the plethora of diverse characters and may want to see what all the hubbub is about. They clearly see there are more NEW jedi and there is BOBA Fett (really Jango) but they don't know that yet or may figure it out by reading the card.

At any rate, I owe alot to George for bringing these movies into the popular culture. Anytime I need a release from "reality" I go to SW.

Promote or don't promote as you wish. for me SW will always be a part of who I am not just some thing I like or collect
    Move along, move along

You see people on the Toy isle?Its always filled with Hotwheels collectors when I go,and they are more worried about finding a 88 cent car before striking up a convo with other collectors.To them I say this --->

Sal,I didnt think talking about how cool the movie was(or is) classifies as promoting it heavily...I could see if you went around with a sign around your neck with the words "See Attack Of the Clones-Its So Gonzo(That the word?)"Now thats promoting a film
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!