Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

San Diego Findings!!!

Hopefully we can all get our hands on the new Waves. San Diego has yet to get the new figures.... the Bespin wave and the new wave with Orn Free taa, Qui gon, Endor Rebel Soldier, and Massif w/Geonosian... Has anyone seen these figures aroun San Diego??? help !!!

I have found everything else though at the Poway Target and Wal mart though. The TRU's around where i live (Mira mesa, Escondido) seem to have nothing. But today i saw lots of Royal guards, Luminaras, and Taun we's at wal mart (poway).

Anyone find Chewie, Han, or the new Obi wan??? Let me know San Diegans!!

Found Djas Puhr and Chancellor Palpatine again! woo hoo... hopefully this continues in the mere future. If anyone is looking for the Chewie, Han, or Obi Wan (Cloak) figures, you are not the only ones... I have not seen them around anywhere.... Im guessing the will be out by June 5th or 6th.... The Nexu and Deluxe Anakin have not been seen either around here in San Diego... Tell me if you San Diegans have seen those around.... again these collectibles

-Nexu
    -Anakin (deluxe)
    -Han
    -Obi Wan (Cloak)
    -Chewie (Cloud City)

See my post on Han, Chewie, Obi-Wan.

KayBee - Grossmont Center, 1st sighting. I bought Obi-Wan.

Here's a review I'm reposting since this forum looks like a geography lesson and not product news...

Today I was at KayBee for the 12" Clone Troopers (no luck) but a UPS guy comes in with one package for the manager: a fresh case Collection One, Wave Four. Inside:

1 Han
    1 Chewie/3PO
    2 Obi-Wan pilots
    2 Darths
    2 Lukes (painted, non-bloody, magnet or plain plastic stump - whichever)
    2 Jangos (Final Battle)
    2 Mace Windus

A guy from JediNet is local here and he got the Han & Chewie w. 1 Obi-Wan. I got the other Obi-Wan since I won't be needing any Hans (have an extra commtech one already) or Chewies (have 2 extra ones in chains and 1 extra as mechanic (still the best Chewie).

Obi-Wan's undertunic is NOT softgoods. It appears to be the identical figure that comes with the Coruscant Droid! The outer brown cloak is soft fabric of course. It looks like the stuff vintage Kenner Jedi Luke's cloak was made from - which is more delicate, though still superior to the robes they used in the E1 accessory packs. Anyway, Obi-Wan appeared at first glance to only be a new head sculpt. The flight headset is molded on and NOT removeable, severely limiting this figure to only be delegated for the Jedi Starfighter. I recommend not opening this figure, as KayBee may carry an exclusive JediStarfighter that could come with a better Obi-Wan pilot figure, and if we're really lucky, the Delta-7's hyperdrive engine apparatus.

Chewbacca is nothing special. His hands are molded with a super-small grip so he looks like he won't let that little Imperial blaster slide out of his hands. 3PO is supposed to light up (his eyes) or something. Maybe he talks. Don't know. This happens when you stick his head into place on his body. Comes with a cargo net to carry him around in. This is NOT molded onto Chewbacca (fortunately). But our 3rd version of Chewbacca in less than 2 years does not top the Mechanic Chewie in quality, though the playability might be fun for those for which the RL Threepio stuffed on the back of any other Chewie doesn't satisfy. Note I have nothing against Chewbacca who was my first favorite Star Wars character, one of my first 3 action figures, and still has a special place in this fan's heart. It just wasn't necessary for a figure right now IMO.

Han Solo is actually pretty impressive. Brown pants with yellow piping, this one's from the Endor Bunker scene. There is no trench coat, cloth or otherwise. He comes with the least impressive accessories and features a quick draw action that might be similar to Zam's or Padme's. I couldn't tell you if you can put both his arms down and pose them that way indefinitely or if Han will only dance with Amidala. The gun goes in the holster of course, and the head sculpt is nice - conditionally. It is a nice artist's representation of Han Solo, but it does not look like Harrison Ford portraying Han Solo. Let that part be clear. But while I don't need this figure, I think people will like him. Still, not a star of AOTC, and not boasting electronic droid features, Han will become the pegwarmer of the group most likely, as kids will balk on him more than they would on "the giant furry alien with C-3PO." Just kidding. Kids are smarter than that and possibly as into the Classics as we are, uh .... I hope.

Overall, this wave is not too useful and not too impressive, but not bad either. I guess it's just plain and "nice."
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

im going hunting tomorrow up north at the kaybee and TRU in esco to see if i find anything new....

Sean the Hutt
    we had rebel soldier and luke dv bespin wave...no Genosians w/ mastifs though...Escondido out!

Sean, just FYI:

Endor Rebel only ships in 2 cases:

w. Orm Fre Taa

Massif & Geonosian

Qui-Gon Jinn

OR

w. Palpatine

Djas Puhr

It's all been found out here between Wal*Mart and TRU.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

nothin new in san diego, just found the price cuts everywhere!

Found something finally new!!! The new Deluxes are out in San Diego, just hit your local star wars hunt store to see if there are any. Let me warn you, the packaging on lots of them (MOSTLY ALL) are C7-C8 condition, it is extremely difficult to find a mint package. The cards are so flimsy and when they come straight from the box, it doesn't even package mint. I found an Anakin (Mint) but the Nexu i found was only a C-9. Out of 10 nexus, none of them were C10. Out of 10 Anakins, there were 2 that were C10. Happy hunting and good luck getting those Deluxes in San Diego. The location of these figures are a mystery. Why am I not telling you?, because its less competition finding those figs for me. But I am not a scalper, just a collector. Its not TRU, or KB. Hmmmmmmm it has to be either Target, Kmart, or Wal-Mart. Choose wisely....

Most Wal*Marts have these, plus a ton of the Massif / Orn Free Taa wave.