Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Revenge!

Lightbulb Revenge!

Originally posted by Wonderboy
    Jasner: I hit the Target in Burbank this morning...there were about 6 Hot Wheels guys there. They totally hit the SW stuff first now before they even head to Hot Wheels...what a bunch of JERKS! As we were waiting for them to open, one of the guys was talking about how much he has been getting for SW toys at some swap meet. I actually spoke up and told him that I thought what he was doing was just crap and he laughed and replied "I'm a business man..." What an idiot...I wanted to leap on his back and chew his ear off.
    There have been numerous posts like this over the years and it seems only right that we concoct a nefarious plan to foil the evil schemes of scalper-jerks.

Try this next time you're out. While the evil-ones are hitting the Star Wars aisle first, let them.

Casually head over to the HotWheels section and clear the pegs into a cart or two. Then don't buy them. Just stand there with that passive-aggressive look on your face. It'll work better if you've got back up to ward off their attempts to dip into your cart. But then you've got leverage. Fair trade your entire cart for their ill-gotten figs.

Who's with me!

Good idea! Then when they whine about the Hot Wheels in your cart, return the "I'm a business man."

Quid pro quo scalper

That seems a little too far, IMO. You can always do what I do though;

Take some figures or cars out of their hands, cart, whatever, and then just tear the cards to hell. Always works for me, and since I'm an opener, I don't care what the card is like.

I remember there was a scalper looking at the hot wheels after he cleaned out a case of POTJ at a Target once. As he was putting the Hot Wheels in his cart, I'd pick them up and bend the hell out of them. He got so ****ed, he almost took a swing at me. I told him I wanted some of those POTJ or I'd continue messing up his cards. Suffice to say, I got the POTJ I wanted.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I do not approve of such acts!

Bending or tearing the card 1)is illegal as it is not in your posseion yet, you cold face charges for that, 2)who's to say they won't do that to SW stuff and you'll ruin it for the carded collector. I too am an opener but still if a card is in perfect shape leave it that way. you are only hurting our collecting as well.

I do like the idea of clearing the hot wheels stuff into a cart and then "trading them for what you want from SW, but don't let the employees see you do it or you may get run out of the store! After the HW scalper goes through his stuff he'll probably just leave the cart there and the employees may remember you as being the one who "cleared the shelves".
    Move along, move along

Originally posted by Wolfwood319
    That seems a little too far, IMO. You can always do what I do though;

Take some figures or cars out of their hands, cart, whatever, and then just tear the cards to hell. Always works for me, and since I'm an opener, I don't care what the card is like.

I remember there was a scalper looking at the hot wheels after he cleaned out a case of POTJ at a Target once. As he was putting the Hot Wheels in his cart, I'd pick them up and bend the hell out of them. He got so ****ed, he almost took a swing at me. I told him I wanted some of those POTJ or I'd continue messing up his cards. Suffice to say, I got the POTJ I wanted.

Good solution! Which brings up a slightly quicker method: carry a bottle water with you and "oops," spill it all over his stuff all at once. He'll have to leave with NOTHING and like it.:happy:

Also, I don't know how long they would stay up, but maybe make some simple signs that say "Scalpers Shop Here" to hang at retail stores. Then make some that say "Scalpers Sell Here" with the Star Wars logo on it. Put those up right outside Comic shops or Frank and Sons type places. They'll tear them down of course, but keep hanging them until they threaten your life. Then come back at night.

Re: I do not approve of such acts!

Originally posted by jedi master sal
    Bending or tearing the card 1)is illegal as it is not in your posseion yet, you cold face charges for that, 2)who's to say they won't do that to SW stuff and you'll ruin it for the carded collector. I too am an opener but still if a card is in perfect shape leave it that way. you are only hurting our collecting as well.

I do like the idea of clearing the hot wheels stuff into a cart and then "trading them for what you want from SW, but don't let the employees see you do it or you may get run out of the store! After the HW scalper goes through his stuff he'll probably just leave the cart there and the employees may remember you as being the one who "cleared the shelves".
    The idea is to discourage their practice in the first place. If they are met with heavy rebel resistance for a time, then they might find that it isn't worth the trouble and go find something else to scalp.

Great Idea...

I'll have to remember that idea of taking the Hot Wheels as they go for the figures. Ask JEDIpartnr about the time we hooked up at a TRU looking for the Jedi Starfighter ( before they were out). We were waiting and low and behold here come two other guys waiting for TRU to open. I said to JEDIpartnr I bet they are "HOT WHEELS" guys. As soon as the doors opened they did the "POWER WALK" right to the Hot Wheels section, not finding anything they started to look at the SW figures. JEDIpartnr asked me how did I know that they were "HOT WHEELS" guys and I said you just KNOW. My wife now say's I should be a cop since I pick out all the non-collectors and Hot Wheels people when we go shopping. Oh well HH P.S. If you are a Hot Wheels person I'll run you down-you can bet on that.

yeah... what HE said! It's all true! Lousy stinking Hot Wheels geeks!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

As funny as these "solutions" are, it's pretty much impossible to guard the toy aisles of Targets, Wal marts, etc. 24 hours a day. I think the biggest thing is to get people to stop buying the crap at ridiculous prices. Cut off their profit and they will have to move on to something else.

Originally posted by brentfett
    As funny as these "solutions" are, it's pretty much impossible to guard the toy aisles of Targets, Wal marts, etc. 24 hours a day. I think the biggest thing is to get people to stop buying the crap at ridiculous prices. Cut off their profit and they will have to move on to something else.

Kinda like the drug war, isn't it.