Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hasbro spoils star wars

Why do u think that hasbro released some 'very huge' plot points and spoilers in their new figures 1 month before release?

There are 2 certain figures that are MAJOR SPOILERS.

Once I opened them I realized it was too late. Im sure they could have waited on the release of these figs till after the movie started at least.

Way to go hasbro.

Sure the movie isnt ruined but they could have at least hid these better.

Might as well released a talking esb vader that sayus he is lukes father

Remeber, there was only supposed to be 14 figures out originally on April 23rd. The rest were to come with the release of the movie. Hasbro decided to get more figures out on the pegs to give us the fans a better selection.

Besides on April 23rd you had the release of the novel, comics, books, visual dictionary, CCG, and movie cards that are full of spoilers. I for one am glad they did most of the spoiler figures right off the bat, since that saves atleast one resculpt to add the feature in later.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

If im reading the novel to star wars i expect to get it spoiled,
    if im opening the figures im expecting to get thier appearance spoiled but not parts of thier anatomy

RE:
    the release of the novel, comics, books, visual dictionary, CCG, and movie cards that are full of spoilers. I for one am glad they did most of the spoiler figures right off the bat, since that saves atleast one resculpt to add the feature in later.

Hmmmm...

I always figured that if you go buying lots of movie merchandise, then you'll probably learn things about the movie.

If you don't want to know, then wait until after the movie comes out.

Of course you will learn things about the movie, but I dont want to find out MAJOR things .

Maybe im wrong but these seem major to me.

But I also had a problem with menace pre release CD that titled a track 'death to qui gon' .
    Seems like something that would be easy enough to hide 'change the name, or black it out (remember the ewoks)'

Well, you have to remember, these ARE EPISODE II figures....if you open them up then you have to know you're going to figure out plot points...You could always just not open them or even buy any until the movie comes out ya know.

I really would hesitate to call any secrets given away by the figures "MAJOR" spoilers. In the case of the Anakin figure in particular, we already know what's going to happen to him (unless of course there are still a few people out there that don't know he becomes Vader )! If there was an Obi Wan figure that can tie his shoe would you feel spoiled about the shoe tying scene? Do you feel spoiled by the trailers revealing that Anakin changes his clothes at some point during the movie? Did the trailers spoil it for anybody by revealing that there were Clones in the movie? THAT is a MAJOR spoiler! It's key to the plot. None of the secrets given up by any of the figures is key to the plot.

Ok, judging by that logic Is there anything wrong with them releasing the split apart maul fig 1 month before the movie?
    I say yes there is (which they didnt do by the way)

You keep saying that, but you forget that as I said before, there was only 14 figures planned for the 23rd. The ones with the so called "big spoilers" are in later cases.

Jango Fett: Final Battle is showing up earlier then was expected, that case wasn't expected to start popping up until after the movie had opened. He's the only figure that has anything I would consider a major sppoiler.

You can live thru what happens to Zam and Anakin in the movie, so a removable limb on a figure isn't that big of a deal. Heck, you can see Zam get it cut off in the darn trailers. As for what happens to Jango, and the play feature on his figure. Well, that is a little more permanent.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Think about how hard figures would be to find if they released them after the movie. They would be even tougher to find. If they released two different versions of the same figure (one with the spoiler, and one with out) then you have another figure to buy. It would get silly pretty quick.

I see your points, but I would say if you want to avoid spoilers just don't play with the figures till you see the movie. You just commented about the split apart Maul...didn't you think HASBRO would release the same type of figures for Episode II?

Trust me....it will be the same for Episode III.