Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TIE BOMBER is the Best Ship . . . EVER!!!

Okay, after a seemingly endless wait --- mine has finally arrived.

Wow! I am completely blown away by this ship! It is perfect. Just flat out seriously, perfect! From the details of the cockpit, (such nifty little controls and a sculpted seat!) to the "coolness" of the bombs. Great action feature, by the way --- fun to play with, yet doesn't at all comprimise the look of the ship. The deco is top notch. Only a few traces of "space dirt" and I, for one, am glad. And the paint on mine wasn't sloppily applied at all.

The TIE BOMBER is also much sturdier than I could ever have hoped. Those wings are on but good. No annoying wobble action when you set this puppy down on the shelf. The cockpit stays closed! And has nice sculpted details even on the underside! The Wings are also ever-so-slightly different than those on Vader's Ship --- the detailing definitely is noticeably different. Also, the windshield has a very nice touch . . . The Gray "Leading" between the panes of "glass" is not a sloppily painted on detail, instead it's a seperate piece of plastic. Talk about going the extra mile!

And I love that it WILL accomodate figures WITHOUT bendable knees in addition to its pack-in figure. (No more wobble on this guy either!)

Some have said this ship is a bit on the small size --- I dunno, maybe. It's kind of hard to tell as you never get that much time to gauge its size in the film. It's certainly big enough for me --- as wide as Vader's Tie.

Seriously --- this is it. The Pinacle of Star Wars Vehicle execution and design. Definitely a lot of bang for your buck. Heck, it even FEELS heavy. I can't recommend it enough. To go this far out --- and I mean "All Out" on such an obscure ship from a film that was, well, twenty-two years ago . . . and all this during a Movie Year?!? (Okay, I know it was late --- delayed from 2001 --- but hey --- they seem to have really taken their time and care with this guy. And it shows.) It also shows that Hasbro does care about us collectors.

A+++
    Last edited by mark2d2; 05-09-2002 at 03:55 PM.

Agreed. I may have to buy more than one, as it is warming the shelves in two of my local Wal-Marts.

I wasn't going to get one, but now, I think i will. Thanks for the good advice.
    The force will be with you- always...

Jonna
    I cracked last night and opened my Tie Interceptor and Bomber. I plan on hanging them from the ceiling in my den and chasing the new X-wing when I get it. They are both done really well, but I like the Interceptor better.

I just got one and I have to say-wow. This is a great ship! The bombs are cool, the pilot is cool, everything! The detail is fantastic. I recommend this ship above all others!
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

I loved mine when I got it. Now that I have all the tiefighters, I love to look at them. I would agree that the tie bomber is one of the best made.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

I was also very impressed with the TIE Bomber, I was so glad to see them make the last TIE, especially since it was never made in the vintage line. I would like to pick up another one too.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

I still like my M.Falcon, but i havent seen a tie bomber yet.
    "It takes more than one step to go the extra mile for someone"

Good Sellers:

BJBFrericks

Three months in and I still can't get over how cool this ship is! I just had a couple of friends over and they (neither are fanboys) couldn't stop messing around with it. They were like --- "Where did you get this?! This is so dang cool!"

This puppy really holds up and is a MUST for any Starwars collection. Don't collect ships? Fine! Then just get this one. Seriously, you won't be disappointed. And as excited as I am for that groovy 25th anniversary Landspeeder, I know it won't come even close to dethroning the Tie Bomber.
    Last edited by mark2d2; 08-05-2002 at 01:22 AM.