Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hey VT

Had a good day bargain hunting - scored brand new snap fast voyager AND Maquis Raider (was somebody after this?).

The Delta Flyers are nearly ready too (I just have to put modelling sealant over them to seal in the decals) - see attached file.

Tell you what, knowing of your olfactory excellence in sniffing out items - will send them to you so long as you FAITHFULLY PROMISE to sniff out an R2-R9 for me - how's that?

Anyway, off to Amsterdam for the weekend now (not looking forward to flying after this weeks events), will check the board out on Tuesday.

Cheers

BC3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deltaflyer.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	82  

Re: 2quote phil hartman's secretly-ruthless reagan, "this is the part of the job i HATE!"

BC3, cool job on the Delta Flyer! Nice shape and details, I wish there had been an official MM one.

Originally posted by vulcantouch
    i'm afraid that i'd already turned your teemto pod over to b'jr jt and Now i hear you expressing regrets about trading us yer kazons, which you'd previously disdained so much you didn't even wanna keep One of?
    sigh, post-trade regrets from my partners always bum me out tell you what, if you Try to hunt down yer duplicate and can't find, i'll go to bat for you re what is now b'jr's teemto, ok?
    When I said I'd get you this podracer, it was because you said you wanted one for yourself, not that you wanted one to give away. It wasn't part of a trade between you and me originally, I just offered to give you what I thought was an easily-found duplicate: old forums thread: "pod racer/mm question". You later changed it to be part of a trade, but I thought now that it hadn't gone to the trade you had in mind, it seemed like a posibility that you'd still have it around and thus it might not be much of an issue and I could get it back (I didn't know you had given it to Baal Jr, notorious for being your MM dumping ground); it was not a statement of regret from a trade, merely an inquiry to its status and if it wasn't busy, that I would have liked it back. I wouldn't regret giving the podracer to you, but to have it simply dumped isn't the same thing, it seems a bit of a waste. But I wasn't stating a feeling of "regret".

However, don't concern yourself with the situation any further as I actually uncovered the duplicate set on Friday night while digging deep into my closet looking for a friend's Transformers (never found 'em, both he and I are not even 100% sure he sent them to me, but he wants 'em back). Now I have 4 launchers and 14 unique pods for them to fire across the floor (or I could use 'em with the 3 different podracing tracks I got on super sale from Amazon).

As for the Kazon ships, I only said I wish I had been wiser and kept one of the extras as a freighter, not that I regretted trading them with you, just that I regretted not keeping one (especially since 2 of the 4 were the same ship).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Red face don't concern myself? no regrets? whew, thassa releef ;)

"you said you wanted one for yourself"
    -which i did at the time; then swaffy also sentme one, and suddenly i had a teemto teamup

"Baal Jr, notorious for being your MM dumping ground"
    -among those of us who know him well, that's the Least of what he's notorious for
    just outta idle curiosity, if you could have a kazon for freighter duty, which would you choose, raider, fighter or mamaship?

bc3: if somone else here wants deltaflyer i'll selflessly demur, since it's not mm sized anyway same with maquis, since i already have this; either/both may be enclosed in my from-jdah pkg for forwarding onto any us destination but YOU BET i'm interested in qs voy but as i am a hunter of opportunity rather than certainty, i'm sure you can understand that i wouldn't wanna make a promise i might not be able to keep. thus i am hesitant to accept the qs voy contingent upon my Assurance that i'll find you an economical r2r9 the assurance i Can give you is that you'd get first shot at any i find; lmk if that's good enough- i won't take it personal if it ain't meanwhile i will assume that your mentions of "sniffing" and amsterdam" in the same post is mere coinkydink
    vt

Re: don't concern myself? no regrets? whew, thassa releef ;)

Originally posted by vulcantouch
    just outta idle curiosity, if you could have a kazon for freighter duty, which would you choose, raider, fighter or mamaship?
    uh... the Kazon Torpedo! Ok, maybe that's not gonna happen. Well, I sent 2 of the Kazon Raider, so that is the one I probably would have kept, but I also like the look of the Mother Ship and it doesn't have the forward lower mast, so that'd probably be the one I would chose.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hi VT,

shoulda been clearer I suppose - you see that's what happens when you try to post at work, concentration suffers. My comment was aimed at the unrealistic assumptions that we are meant to make because of DCs whims;

R2 expando-neck and shrink-o-legs are a leap of fatih considering the gizmos and gadgets he stores

The pressures in a vacuum would make the droid socket design unrealistic.

This was brought to you from the combined might of the R2 builders club

jeddah