View Poll Results: The SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Round 1 - Fight Fifteen!!!

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • The New Slave-One is the best bounty in the Galaxy!

71 62.83%
  • The Jedi Starfighter has the full power of the Force behind it!

42 37.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

The SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Round 1 - Fight 15!!!

It's time for another great match in the SSG Battle of the Machines!

This is the second to last fight in the Preliminaries.

Tonight, Jango Fett's Slave-One takes on Obi-Wan Kenobi's Delta-7 Jedi Starfighter!

Lasers and Gamorreans, it's time for the ships and vehicles of Episode 2 to take over the final first match rounds!

Obi-Wan Kenobi blasts off from the Jedi Temple in the sleek, new Delta-7 Starfighter. A truncated R4 unit that Anakin hardwired into the ship helps him navigate the stars as Obi-Wan goes on important Jedi missions. The cockpit opens to accomodate him and an overhead mission display pannel rotates into position so Obi-Wan can make use of all the resources his little ship has to offer. This includes a multi-terrain landing gear that locks down to hold the ship in place in all sorts of alien climates. But when Obi-Wan is no longer exploring and he's ready to fight, the Starfighter's 4 laser cannons are not all that is at his disposal! Pop a secret attack mode conversion switch and the Delta-7 sheds its wings and strips down to a leaner fuselage packed with fire-power! Twin launching missles actually fire, and more than 6 laser cannons are locked into position, while stabalizer wings extend out for the tightest and fastest maneuvers!

Obi-Wan will need all the resources of his ship as he goes up against Jango Fett's Slave-One! The 3 seat Firespray Class patrol and attack craft is packed with hidden features. To start with, there's no tracking all of them! If you manage to attach a tracking device onto the hull of Slave-One, it's onboard systems will detect it and by flipping a pannel on the toys fuselage, you can instantly destroy and detection devices, or repair the ship to "brand new." What's more impressive is the firepower packed in this baby! After manually rotating the craft's stabalizer wings into flight position for fast manuevering, hit the hidden weapons control knob to pop open a secret hatch to reveal a quadruple firing rapid launch missle system! And it really works! Extra missles are stored in the back so you can always find the fire power you will need to hunt Jango Fett's prey. But sometimes you gotta scare them out a little - that's ok too. Slave One comes with 4 rapid release plasma charges that can also be deployed like space mines just in case it gets a little harder to pin point your quarry. Or if the contract says dead-or-alive, use them in combination with the missles to just blast them into one big disintegration! It's tough to outmatch or outgun Hasbro's all-new Slave-One!

Which one is your favorite ship that you think could best go on to meet the challenge of facing all the best of Hasbro's StarWars starcraft to win the singular title of being the Ultimate Hasbro Star Wars vehicle?

You will decide, vote, and discuss now!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jedi fighter vs slave one.jpg  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I like both these ships, they are very good toys. However, both have a few little flaws and what it came down to for me was which one's flaws were worse.

Jedi Starfighter:
    - Seat/cockpit area is too far forward;
    - Blast-off "wing" panels are difficult to re-apply without popping back off;
    - No rear landing legs;
    - The seat/cockpit issue causes difficulty to fit most figures correctly.

Jango's Slave I:
    - Half the scale it should be;
    - Cockpit sticker may be the worst to apply EVER;
    - Cockpit doesn't rotate.

Basically, while I like them both quite a lot, between the 2 of them I'll chose the Slave I... barely.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Slave I wins by pure firepower. The Starfighter is easier to handle and fly around, but it has to jetison it's wings before it's able to attack at all.

Since I don't as of yet have the Jedi Starfighter, I have to give the nod to Slave 1. Even if I had the JS, I think I'd vote the same way. I love the new color scheme and all the extras (firing missles, bombs, etc.).But I'm totally with JediTricks on the sticker thing. I especially had trouble getting the "wall display" stickers on right (Jango is gonna have to tilt his head side ways to read the left side of mine! ) How cool would a second round meeting between Slave 1's be? Geez. I hope Boba's Slave 1 wasn't knocked out already. I'd feel pretty dumb. Maybe I should research this stuff first.

I have both. Ilike the jedi star fighter the best. With the ship in attack mode it almost resembles the sith infiltrator from the front.I do like the slave 1,but the starfighter is my favorite out of the 2.

I'd have to go with Slave 1 more little hidden surprises then the jedi Starfighter. And is more fun to look at.
    "Eat My Shorts"-Bart Simpson
    "I SEE YOU''-Sauron the Dark Lord
    -Maul- l_l

Of course this one's a no brainer. Being a "disciple" of the Mandalorian Warriors I have to go the party line and vote for the Slave 1. Although the JS has a more sleeker look, the Slave 1 is really menacing. With the huge amount of firepower, as well as holding three figures this one has the definite edge over the Starfighter.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

this match-up should have been later!

Tycho you dirty rotten scoundrel! j/k.

These are two of the best. I love the new jedi starfighter. good look, sleek, small!

Slave one just has a "new" paint job. altough when this first came out in 1980 it was the best design. i's kind of old to me. so I voted J/S for he new look and playability. can't wait to see it in action.
    Move along, move along