Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does the AT-AT not leave on Endor?

Vader tells the Imperial Officer to leave and bring Luke's companions to him, but we never hear the AT-AT leave or nothing.

We can still even see it's head in the shot at the end.

I would assume that the imperial officer is looking at his subordinates and all of them are shrugging their shoulders and thinking WTF!? it's a big place and one AT-AT sent to find them is gonna take a loooooong time.

seriously i'd imagine they would have to muster some kind of team to go looking and set up scanners and so on. so it wouldn't have gone immediately. Also at that precise point there only seems to be a skeleton service crew on the moon. It's only when the Emperor knows vader has Luke that he sends his legion of finest troopers down there in readiness for the 'surprise' attack by the rebels. so any search would probably wait until those troops had arrived. maximum backup sort of thing.

Or the large set piece of the At-At they built for the scene looked so nice they wanted it in shot for a few seconds longer.

I'm sure they were talking matters over and trying to get a plan of attack. They can't just run off and search the entire planet so they probably stayed in the relative safety of the platform until further notice.

Or perhaps the AT-AT wasn't even part of the search party and it's home "port", if you will, is the platform. Maybe it's from there that the search will be commanded.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Maybe they were in the middle of refueling.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I think I read somewhere that only a couple of AT-ATs were commissioned on Endor, and they turned out to be useless for everything except short-range transport and security of the front entrance. The Rebels attacked the rear entrance, avoiding most of the larger ordnance.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Maybe they were in the middle of refueling.
    Or dumping the "blue water."

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid View Post
    Or dumping the "blue water."
    Or perhaps it was a display, like those museum pieces where you can take the kids through a submarine or a 707, or an AT-At with a guided tour!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I think I read somewhere that only a couple of AT-ATs were commissioned on Endor, and they turned out to be useless for everything except short-range transport and security of the front entrance. The Rebels attacked the rear entrance, avoiding most of the larger ordnance.
    Makes sense, since the size of the trees would have made for too many obstacles blocking the way of the lumbering walkers. The smaller, more maneuverable AT-ST's obviously fared much better in negotiating the smallish spaces between the trees (when compared to a walker, that is).
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

The weird curve of the AT-AT head makes me think it's partly a matte painting or a set backdrop and can't go anywhere.

The in-universe excuse could be any of the above, the AT-ATs maneuvering Endor really made no sense with all those tall redwood trees, maybe they were used more as semi-mobile command bases and they were sending out the communications from there.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

How do the guys get in and out of those things anyway when there isn't big convenient gantry nearby? I mean, I guess we assume that the Hoth troops came via the AT-ATs, no? So how did they get down from there?