Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I don't even collect the Legos, but. . .

I picked up C-3PO, Pit Droid, and Battle Droid on clearance at a local Wal-Mart (C-3PO was only $5!) and got all but the Battle Droid assembled last night. They're awesome! I haven't played with Legos since around the time of my last vintage figure war, but these were the most fun I've had with Star Wars toys in recent memory.

I'm considering paying the big bucks for the Stormtrooper and Droideka (I haven't seen either on clearance). Are they worth the higher prices?

(BTW, JediTricks, I couldn't resist the subject.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Exclamation

Legos?Legos? LEGOS?!? El Chuxter, they are Lego blocks, not Legos. They do not like them to be called that. Their "hired goons" are some of the most ruthless in the toy industry; don't provoke them!

By the way, congrats on the good prices.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I picked up the set With Watto and the Podracer! God I hope they use real scan for the heeads of like Jar Jar and Watto
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Lego blocks? Lego blocks? Lego blocks?!? Bel-cam, they are Lego Bricks, not Lego blocks.

Congrats on the buys Chux, I would say that the Droideka is definitely worth the money since it's big and has nifty action, even if the legs cannot fold up. Dunno about the Stormie though, I don't have 'im.

I don't have the Technic 3PO either, so a review would be cool.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Technic C-3PO is incredible! I'll post a review when I can look at it in more depth. But I got the Battle Droid put together last night, and it takes the cake.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Bah.....they're LEGOS. Have been since I was a child. What kind of anal retentive toy company represses the way their toys are referred to? What if I called them Star Wars dollies and Hasbro came up and said "No. No, they are Action Figures..." and I said "Action Dollies?" and they said " No! Action FIGURES!!" and I said "Dollie Figures??" and they screamed and threw their hands up and walked away and I went back to playing with my toys...heh. LEGOS. LEGOS! LEGOS!!!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Calling them "Legos" is like calling your Star Wars 3 3/4" action figures "Hasbros". Both are company names, not product titles. Would you call video game cartridges or discs "Nintendoes" or "Playstations"?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Calling them "Legos" is like calling your Star Wars 3 3/4" action figures "Hasbros". Both are company names, not product titles. Would you call video game cartridges or discs "Nintendoes" or "Playstations"?

that might be true if Hasbro solely made Star Wars figures. But as far as I can tell, they make a variety of toy products including your favorite and mine, JT, POKEMON!! (yayy!!!) LEGO, on the other hand, makes one kind of toy....LEGOS!!!

Ah, but Lego makes more than just bricks, they started not even as a toy company, it was started by a carpenter who made toys on the side out of wood that were regarded as being so fine that they ultimately became the focus of his business, and eventually plastic, and the brick design, became the main focus of the company. However, they still make other stuff like books, watches, role-play toys like foam swords and shields, and other stuff.

LEGO watches? I had no idea...