Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Exclamation I'm off to see Episode II

I've just been given the opportunity to go see Episode II. I'll be back later.

SWEEET, Lucky you, will you answer our questions after you've returned?
    Last edited by Battle Droid; 05-10-2002 at 08:18 PM.

You know, I almost hate you right now. ALMOST enough to go through YOU down the poopy shoot. At least we should get some difinitive answers on how cool/lame the movie will be!!
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Why you lousy piece of bantha poodoo!

I mean, congratulations. Let us know how great it is.

Definitive answers? Every review I've read so far goes back and forth . . . so . . . .

Malakite, what kind of connection do you have? Just curious.

Originally posted by Caesar
    Malakite, what kind of connection do you have? Just curious.
    My Master is one with the Dark Side!

Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Originally posted by Caesar
    Definitive answers? Every review I've read so far goes back and forth . . . so . . . .
    Yeah, several of the reviews I've read today seemed like they were still ****ed off about TPM, and they were unwilling to look at anything good AOTC had to offer.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Thumbs up

Well I'm back. Let me just say, this movie rocked. I don't know which is better, AOTC or ESB, thats how good this movie is.

Ask your questions and I'll try to answer them all.

Here's some major spoilers that I haven't seen mentioned yet on any sites.

The Geonosians are building an ultimate weapon to take down the Republic, the Death Star. They give the plans to Count Dooku when leaving Genosis.

Yoda and Mace Windu are hiding a dark secret from the Senate and can't decide whether or not to tell them, the Jedi are losing their ability to use the force and the dark side is getting stronger. This is why they can't sense Palpatine or the Clone Army that was made.

Despite the rumors, Nute Gunray nor any other Nemoidians get torched and killed by Jango Fett.

Body parts are flying every which way in this movie. You see Tusken Raider heads being sliced off and bouncing off the ground. Not only does Jango's head get sliced off and bounces off the ground, but it appeared as though his hand got sliced off as well (it could of been just the angle though). Genosians are sliced apart left and right (arms, wings, torsos, legs, and heads all over the place). To top it off, some Genosians are squished in the machines building the Battle Droids and there guts start oozing out. Obi-Wan hacks the Acklay all to pieces and then then some. The Nexu is gored to death by the Reek. The Reek is is killed by Jango's missle. A jedi tries to kill Dooku on the Balcony, but Jango mows him down with his blasters at point blank range and he falls off into the arena below (from an overhead view).

Then the whole C-3PO/Battle Droid is funnier than crap. Just take a look at some of the things they say.
    C-3PO:
    Wait a second, this isn't right.
    There seems to be a mistake. I'm an interpreter, not a fighter.
    DIE JEDI DIE!!!!! Wait! What am I saying?!!!
    Battle Droid:
    Uh Oh.
    My legs aren't functioning right. I need some maintenence.

In the end of it all, the Jedi knocks the crap out of the both of them.

WOW!!! Sounds AWESOME Lord Malakite.

Few questions, I already know quite a bit.

Do the Super Battle Droids talk? If so what do they sound like?

Are Trade Federation Droid Fighters in the Film? If so what scenes?

Does C-3PO kill anyone while his head is on the BD's body?
    Last edited by Battle Droid; 05-11-2002 at 01:39 AM.

The final fight between Dooku and Yoda is also pretty awsome. Dooku strikes Yoda with lightning and Yoda sucks it up and shoots it right back at him. Then Dooku starts throwing containers at Yoda using the force (like Vader in ESB), but unlike Luke, Yoda uses the force and throws it right back at Dooku. So Dooku uses the force to make the ceiling fall on Yoda, but Yoda uses the force to stop the ceiling in mid air and tosses it aside. Then they both start shooting lightning at each other. After that fails, they start dueling. The CGI is done so well on Yoda in the duel that it actually looks real.