Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry So the guards are done? (spoilers)

I collect all of the royal guard and senate guard-related items, but now according to the Insider the senate guards are already gone? Moving on to the red royal guards already? That sucks!!!! All I got was a 4" figure and a 12" version packaged with Mr Excitement. Where are the pencil holders? The backpacks? I wanna see some more blue, man! There are a thousand vintage items with royal guards, I would think their origin would get a little of the attention.
    The few, the red, the Imperial Guard.

The red guards in AOTC aren't going to havre the black visor like they do in RotJ but will still be called senate guards 'cause the empire hasn't been created yet and palpatine isn't 'royalty' yet.

The picture I've seen of the Red Guards from EP2 look the same as those that were in ROTJ!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I can't wait to see what Royal Guards can really do. I also can't wait for some new figures of them. Master Jedi is correct about the visor thing.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Originally posted by evenflow
    Master Jedi is correct about the visor thing.
    They both look the same to me (both the EP2 and ROTJ visors)

Classic - ROTJ
    http://www.starwars.com/databank/org...g/movie_bg.jpg

**Might be a spoiler***

The EP2 picture: http://www.theforce.net/episode2/new...55_grd-sly.jpg

And heres a side shot:
    http://www.starwars.com/databank/org.../img/curve.jpg

MJ,As you said they won't have a Black visor, But from the EP2 picture it looks like a light black visor (Like Vaders helmet in ANH where you can see his eyes)

Although in the sideshot it looks red.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! And besides when/if Hasbro makes it as a figure they would just give the guard a black visor anyway!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Smile

I don't know. From the picture I rememebr seeing, they did nt have the visor. I guess we will have to wait and see.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Originally posted by evenflow
    I don't know. From the picture I rememebr seeing, they did nt have the visor. I guess we will have to wait and see.
    Maybe you saw pictures of pre-production suits before the visor was put in place?As long as we get figures of them I'm happy
    GNT
    ''

Actually the Royal Guard visor is red. It's just a trick of the light that makes it look black.

Originally posted by bigbarada
    Actually the Royal Guard visor is red. It's just a trick of the light that makes it look black.

How would it be a trick of the light that would make red look like that dark of black? It couldn't be a shadow.

Look verrrrry closely at all those pictures GNT posted. The highlights of the visor are red, if the visor was black the highlights would be white or grey.