Zuckuss or 4-Lom Who's Who!!!

I have noticed that the ESB Carded Figures Zuckuss & 4-Lom versus POTF2 Carded Figures Zuckuss & 4-Lom... What is this, other than confuzing... The ESB 4-Lom is actually a POTF2 Zuckuss.... and same with the ESB Zuckuss it is actually a POTF2 4-Lom... Did Kenner/Hasbro screw up? or is this meant to be? so which is right? Sorry if this has been touched upon in here before as I am new to the forums... been colleting StarWars since 1995 and never really have seen in it talked about. Please give me your thoughts
    RePoZeSoR

A long time ago, Kenner was naming all the figures who weren't named in the movies when they created figures. Names like Lobot and Bossk--Kenner's creations. When naming the two bounty hunters in question, Kenner named the insectoid alien "4-LOM" and the droid "Zuckuss."

Sometime in the 80s, West End Games was coming up with names for their roleplaying game that better suited actual characters than "Hammerhead" and "Walrusman." So we got new names for some characters (like "Momaw Nadon" and "Ponda Baba").

Most of the bounty hunters (minus Boba Fett, who was named by Lucasfilm and therefore was treated differently) had names that already sounded like character names. But they noticed that the alien 4-LOM had a rather "droidy" sounding name, and Zuckuss didn't sound like a robot's name. So they got permission from LFL to switch the two names. And thus, ever since, in toys, books, comics, and whatever else, the droid is 4-LOM and the alien is Zuckuss.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Chux, where did you get that from? I thought 4-L0M and Zuckuss had names dating back from BEFORE the figures were invented, named for the films.

Check out what they say on the official site about Zuck: http://www.starwars.com/databank/cha...ckuss/bts.html
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't remember, JT. . . . I think it may have been from an old issue of the Insider. I'm pretty sure I've heard about the bounty hunters being named by Hasbro from several different sources.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Characters like Walrusman and Lobot and Prune Face (aka Orrimaarko) are named by Hasbro and/or Kenner, but I never heard the bounty hunters were. Interesting.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.