Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quality of the new line

Hey....far be it for me to complain, but I feel I have to say these things...

I'm not very happy with the new Hasbro stuff. Here's some examples:

Lightsabers...they look great...much better than before, but when my son is playing with them, they keep falling out of the handle.

Capes: none of the capes stay on any of the figures.

Magnets: The magnets don't stay on long enough (like anakin's arm)

Large Sabers: They look awesome, but they just aren't bright enough. The Episode 1 sabers were much brighter...even the POTF2 ones.

The ability to stand up: Here's a big one with me. It takes forever to get these new figures balanced correctly so they can stand on their own. I tested some of my POTF 2 figs and my vintage ones, and it wasn't nearly as difficult. What's up with that?

So....do you agree or disagree?

I certainly agree with you on the magnets part. Anakin is the worst. The arm just falls off and then falls off again. Most of the magnets are bad, but Zam Wessel's is really strong. I've never had her arm come off, unless I wanted it to. Shaak Ti and Count Dookus (green one) sabers are the only ones that the saber has come off the handle. The capes do not stay on also, but I was expecting them to.
    What happened to the paint job?

I doubt if we were ever meant to see the small print but on the back of the Saga cards it states "Poses shown may require additional support". If that's the case then why make them that way?

Well, I always use stands, but it is annoying when the figures won't stand. Especially the Genosian Warrior with NO FOOT HOLES! Ugh!

I do not like the fact that the lightsabers are two pieces. Add to that, they are not sturdy, so it doesn't take much at all for them to bend or even break the little peg that holds it in place. It's neat to be able to make it just a hilt. However, because the figures are all so "action posed" that they are only good for one pose. So it does no good to have just the hilt, because 1.) there is no place to hang or attach the hilts. Making it pointless. and 2.) How stupid does Luminara look with just a hilt in that pose?

I like the figures, but the sabers I am not pleased with, and the magnest are lame. It seems to vary figure to figure whether or not they work, but you can't play with anakin, because the arm just falls off. Why not just make it a snap on arm instead? I am not a fan of the "force action" "blaster deflections" or "force effects".

I guess I am not happy with a lot of it really. But I do still really like the figures. I do however wish they all came with footholes, and they would drop the "action" features and stupid magnets.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

The fact that this product line and the word "quality" appeared in the same sentence caused me to chuckle. I still hate the poses and the fact that the figures can't fit into the vehicles very well. Yeah... having a hilt for a "battle stance" figure is pretty useless. I'd been *****ing about the poses for months and NOW people are finally seeing how all the pieces aren't "coming together". Speaking of "coming together"... why is it that when the "peg hand" feature on Luke from POTF2 was so good... they had to go with these stupid magnets? They should have given Anakin a "peg arm" so it didn't keep falling off.

There was an apparent lack of planning and testing on these products before they went into full production. One would think that the folks developing the figures would have gotten together with the folks designing the vehicles. Guess not! Good going, Hasblah.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Yeah, good luck putting Luminara Winfrey in a vehicle. That would look kind of funny though, driving in that pose.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I have a Hangar Duel Anakin, and his arm has never once fallen off. My biggest complaint with him is not his right arm. For me his right arm is perfect. It is that horrible left arm with the weird spinner thing and then his feet. I am happy to see I am not the only one who simply cannot pose these figures. My Count Dooku and HD Anakin absolutely will not stand on their own.

I too am disappointed by the "one pose" aspect of these figures. For example, the Obiwan Kenobi figure- he's essentially meant to be posed with his right arm holding onto the assassin droid, and pretty much nothing else. Luckily, this is one figure of mine who DOES stand, and he actually doesn't look terrible if you put the lightsaber onto the magnet on his right arm. But its pretty much impossible for Obiwan to fight Dooku, unless he's holding the saber in his left arm.

The Mace Windu figure (not deluxe) is perhaps the worst though. First of all, he looks like he is squeezing out the biggest turd of all time. Second, he has essentially ONE pose, and that is with him swinging that lightsaber.

Don't get me wrong, SOME of the figures are absolutely perfect. The Yoda figure, for instance, is exactly the way I would have wanted him. Same thing with the Kamino Escape Jango Fett. (The Arena Battle Jango suffers from leg problems too)

It seems to me that Hasbro has really started to "McFarlane-ize" their figures- i.e. make them static in one pose. I really miss the vintage line- because even though they were much less detailed- you could stand up just about ever figure, and they were so generically posed that you could use the same figure to be in about a dozen different "scenes."

Yeppers, this line is pretty hit and miss with me. But I'll find things I like for quite some time.

OK

I'm glad to see, then, that I'm not the only one who's not happy. I still like some of them....clone trooper, super battle droid, kamino jango, boba fett etc....the ones that are useful for more than one thing.

So far all the lightsabers I've gotten stay in the hilts quite well, in fact I usually have to give them a slight pull to get them out. My only gripe on the lightsabers is the energy blast crap on the base of the blades. Otherwise they're pretty cool, especially the metal hilt ones as they seem more proportioned in the blade width and movie accurate.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"