Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Evil Walmart!!! You have got to read this!!!

I stopped at a 24hr Walmart this morning at 6:30 and seen that nothing new was on the pegs. So I figured I'd take a look around and see what they had on the pallets. Low and behold they had 4 cases of the Massiff wave, 4 cases of the Bespin wave and I case with the 2 Dookus in them. So I figured I 'd grab me 2 of each and right when I just seen the Dooku an employee yelled at me to stop. She told me to get away from the pallet. I asked her if she was going to put them out and she said yes but that I cannot grab any until she puts them on the pegs. So I politely asked her about how long will it be until then, she said whenever I get to it. Whoah, that was HARSH!!!!!

So I sat there next to the pallet for about 10 minutes waiting (hoping) that she would be kind enough to put them out and she finally did (I can tell she wanted to get rid of me) We're there at the pegs and she is taking them out and she told me that I cannot grab a thing until she has them on the peg!!! OK thats fine, then she had the nerve to tell me that they're are not supposed to stock Star Wars toys when customers are around. WHA???? I could not believe what I was hearing. It's like I was the enemy or something. THEN she even said that by me looking through the cases that she would be fired. COME ON!!

OK, well what ended up happening is she did put out 3 cases of the Massiff wave and one of the Dooku wave. So I did get those, but then she said that's it, I'm not putting out the Bespin wave. I asked her if I could just grab just ONE Bespin Luke and she said no that she would get fired. I went and asked the manager about if I could get me the Luke and he said nope, if she didn't put it out then you can't grab it. I'll tell you, they really made me out to be the bad guy for wanting to keep my collection up to date. If you're ever just north of Minneapolis, then stay far away from the Cambridge, MN WalMart. UN-FRICKEN-REAL!!!!!

That is unbelievable!! I mean isn't it they're job to sell things to people? Sounds like that store has a major problem with SW collectoers or something.

Yeah, all I can say is that they must have had a few problems with collectors before, but geez don't think that we're all bad people. About 90% of collectors I run into are good people.

If it wasn't for her I'd have my collection finshed until Palpatine comes out. Now I have to keep on driving around wasting time and gas on trying to find me the Bespin Luke.

That's the treatment I received from Wal-Mart on April 23rd at midnight.

After enough begging the manager, an employee put out a "token" amount of SW figures and only the Slave I vehicle.

So much for one-stop shopping....
    "I Don't Know. Anakin Doesn't Talk To Me Anymore."

I was lavished with friendliness by the local midnight madness crew. Once we ran out of certain figures on the pegs, they happily told us to look through the pallet of figures that they didn't have room for.

Sounds like your particular WM really stinks. I would complain over the head of the manager, since his stupidity is mirroed by that employee. The WM chain of stores is not supposed to work that way.
    Be sure to ask them where the on every aisle went!

JediDan, Being in White Bear Lake, I know what your talking about. I was just at the WM on 35w and Country rd E and had the same thing happen with the same wave of figures but this store went further in it's being *** ****'*, they said that they won't put out the figures until the first ones are out of stock! What is with these stores and their power trip over buying the stuff we want?
    " You ever dance with the devil by the pale moon light? I ask all my prey, I just like the sound of it"

" See you around kid "

I thought about complaining to someone higher, but I don't know. Nothing will get accomplished by doing that. I worked at K-Mart my teen years and noticed when customers complain about employees that the management mostly let it go. I'll probably just let it be. I try not to think about it too much, the more I do the sicker I feel. My collection would have been complete if it weren't for their bad attitude.

Originally posted by dirtybones
    JediDan, Being in White Bear Lake, I know what your talking about. I was just at the WM on 35w and Country rd E and had the same thing happen with the same wave of figures but this store went further in it's being *** ****'*, they said that they won't put out the figures until the first ones are out of stock! What is with these stores and their power trip over buying the stuff we want?
    I was just at that store last week and their pegs were full of 4/23 stuff. If they are waiting for them to sell out then we can forget about shopping there, they'll never sell all that. Thanks for the word of notice, next time I'll just keep on driving by County Road E. I haven't found anything worthwhile at that Target there either, so I'll just ignore both of them then.

I did get Vader, Mace, and Final Battle Jango the other day at the Forest Lake Walmart. No Luke's though. Man, he's the one I wanted the most too. Oh well, patience, right.

Oh man you have got to say something to these people about their remarks and behavior towards a customer! I can't wait to get off this forum and go up to that WM to try and find those same figures you tryed to buy, I promise you that I won't deal with an *** of a person who keeps me from getting my TOYS. All in a nice but to the point way, you know. Kill them with kindess and it drives them mad.
    " You ever dance with the devil by the pale moon light? I ask all my prey, I just like the sound of it"

" See you around kid "

Originally posted by JediDan

I was just at that store last week and their pegs were full of 4/23 stuff. If they are waiting for them to sell out then we can forget about shopping there, they'll never sell all that. Thanks for the word of notice, next time I'll just keep on driving by County Road E. I haven't found anything worthwhile at that Target there either, so I'll just ignore both of them then.

I did get Vader, Mace, and Final Battle Jango the other day at the Forest Lake Walmart. No Luke's though. Man, he's the one I wanted the most too. Oh well, patience, right.
    Forest Lake had the Vader and Jango? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
    Every time I drive up there, not one new figure on the pegs!!! Humm? might have you pick them up for me sense we might be right next to each other.

" See you around kid "