Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Padme' variation

I think I have a new variation of Padme' mole on the end of her nose...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	padme nose.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	1756  

LOL. Good find.

I have one with a spot of brown on the left side of her head, not the cheek. Is that a variaition? NO, People these are just painting errors.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Its still an error...err...variation...

No, it's an error. This has been discussed before, a variation is an intentional change to a figure during it's production run. Those figures include ones like Luke: Jedi Knight (who's vest was changed from brown to black), Han: Endor Gear (who's pants were changed from blue to brown), Imperial Scout Trooper (changed from clean to dirty), etc.

Error's are mistakes in the figure manufacturing process and should have no real price on the secondary market. Though there are some people that place a value on a figure that was made or painted wrong, it's still a mistake, not a variation.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Is the brown headed Kit Fisto that I have a variation or an error. I'm still pretty new to all this...

Some error's are worth a lot in the secondary market. During the EP1 craze my buddy and I bought a couple of Darth Maul jedi battle figures. He got one with a vest that wasn't painted so the vest was black. I laughed because the corner was bent bad and I thought nobody would buy it. He sold it for $400.00 on Yahoo auctions. No kidding.

I'm not sure what the brown headed Kit Fisto is. I've seen a few of them at the stores though. I got the same dilema with my two Snaggletooth figs. The heads are totally painted different.
    I support the U S A

i have seen the kit fisto variations but there doesnt seem to be a rarety to either one. i have found both equally at the stores i go to.
    The only good Jawa is a dead Jawa!

Originally posted by Figurestasher
    Some error's are worth a lot in the secondary market. During the EP1 craze my buddy and I bought a couple of Darth Maul jedi battle figures. He got one with a vest that wasn't painted so the vest was black. I laughed because the corner was bent bad and I thought nobody would buy it. He sold it for $400.00 on Yahoo auctions. No kidding.
    Well you can always find someone gullible enough to buy a worthless figure by convincing them it's rare. Heck, everyones seen Dookus and Yodas selling for $150. That doesn't mean they are worth that. They're starting to show up most places now, and the people who paid that much are (hopefully) feeling like the morons they are.

But the point is errors are only valuable if you can find a buyer who is lazy enough not to check up on these things.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Hmmm

Anyone seen the shirtless Padme variation? Me neither, but I'm hoping.

Geez... I need to get my mind out of the gutter.

erm uh no......i havent seen that....anyways, its amazing what people will pay for a figure thats screwed up
    Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet, how embarassing. - the great yoda