Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: shirtless maul

Smile

I agree that it is better than a regular Maul resculpt, but I think there were better choices for Deluxe figures.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Money

I think the best pack-in would be a $5 bill plus maybe a couple of quarters. That way we would actually be paying the right amount for the amount of toy we actually get. Don't get me wrong - I love Star Wars - But you have to admit with all the better figures other companies are doing... the only thing these have going for them is that they are Star Wars.

But hey Shirtless Maul - I'm there !! I've got to have someone for my slave leia to swoon over when on the beach...
    Collecting Star Wars figures ain't like dustin' crops boy !!

i'm still reeling from yesterday or I'd come back with a witty retort. Maybe this is starting to turn into a kind of barbie world with all the semi clad figures coming out. I was just speaking as someone who prefers droids other characters. Maul has funky tattoos which make him distinctive, he comes with a droid. Amanaman has a skeleton and a reissue salacious crumb. Amanaman is essentially no different than his vintage counterpart. Slight differences but essentially the same figure. maul is at least a half decent attempt at a character. Though i agree that there are more eligible characters for the deluxe treatment. They obviously felt the need to keep the episode one flame burning in advance of the DVD. Most of the cool characters from episode one are back in episode two so Lucasfilm aren't going to approve too many of those characters who will be released on episode two cards. Who could they do but Maul who won't appear again?

Can Malibu Luke be far behind? Kind of a Star Wars/Corvette Summer cross-over.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

no offense, Emperor Jargo, but this new Amanaman is hugely different than its vintage counterpart!

I feel the Deluxe Maul is kinda cool and I can see extra articulation than just the standard 6 pts

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    Amanaman has a skeleton and a reissue salacious crumb. Amanaman is essentially no different than his vintage counterpart.

Amanaman has ball jointed arms and still looks like a rotten Bananna!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs up

I am sorry, but i think that vintage Amanaman was awesome. I think this one looks even better. I think it is great and can't get my hands on it. I think the skeleton is a great addition.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Talking

I think the figure is really sweet. The whole tatooed body is very cool! As everyone else is probably hoping for is the articulation. I want him to be able to do gymnast-esk flips, spins, the whole bit. I'm assuming this figure was taken from the book, "Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter." In the opening Maul has a battle against some training droids, shirtless. Even though it was a book, the scene was very cool. Very descriptive and exelarating. Pick it up, it's quite good.

yukface27@hotmail.com

I'll gladly buy the topless Maul if it's on a regular card n' blister. But an additional redundant droid that I can't relate to in the movies and with it elevates the product to "Deluxe" status, I think that is too much.
    Maybe, Flashback Vader can now be re-release as a deluxe fig since he too have a droid

Originally posted by humsup
    I'll gladly buy the topless Maul if it's on a regular card n' blister. But an additional redundant droid that I can't relate to in the movies and with it elevates the product to "Deluxe" status, I think that is too much.
    Maybe, Flashback Vader can now be re-release as a deluxe fig since he too have a droid
    Dont you mean the commtech version of Vader?

Well it seem Maul has more articulation than other Maul figures, but I'll make my choice when I see him whith my eyes!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious