Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I think it is just a matter of time before they make an "accurate" Lando. The new NBA "figures" are "accurate", so that would allow them to do the same with our much-needed Lando.

By the way, I was just about to mention the whole Gray Vader / Anakin head idea. If yellow is universal. . . what the heck does that mean? Is Gray the universal color for dying Lego people? When I saw this figure, I immediately wondered why there wasn't a Lando yet. Soon after, I say the NBA line. IT will just be a mater of time I'm sure.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Yeah, Vader is supposed to be sickly I guess - in the film he was kinda pale pink. I wish the Emperor mini-fig was gray too, his yellow pallor is far too healthy-looking to me.

I'll take a yellow Lando if that's the route Lego wants to go, just get it going already. I mean, he's just a dark-skinned guy, they didn't make different heads for the various color differences between Jar Jar and the Gungan Warrior, so if that's the way they wanna go, do it!

As for the NBA line, I don't think that's exactly going to be a strong example of how to go since the caucasian "name" minifigures are pink, not yellow. The yellow minifigures are like the Washington Generals or something.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This is an interesting thread but the whole thing seems insanely easy to solve. Use yellow as your universal "everyman" color. Use more realistic colors for licensed characters or historical characters. People who have real world examples to go by. It seem so easy to me. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

Then someone comes along and says "if the toy isn't brown-skinned, it's not Lando" and everybody pulls their hair out.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think the next time I'm at the Lego store I'll grab a couple of darker brown head shape pieces, and make a custom Lando and Mace.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Hey, here's an idea, why not include both a yellow-skinned and brown-skinned head and hands in the set? Then folks can decide which is best for themselves and end up with extra parts... everybody loves extra parts!

That's one thing I love about Legos, I have yet to come up short any parts in any of the Lego sets I have built to date. Usually, I end up with a few extra small pieces that I can use to add a little something to my set.

That idea sounds great Jeditricks! Anyone have an address we could write to Lego and submit that idea?
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I'll have to agree that with the release of the NBA mini figs, Lando and Mace will be out with the next round or two of Starwars sets.. I personally wasn't shocked, but glad when I saw the NBA mini figs. While I'm not a Basketball fan, the first thing that came to mind was these ( without counting duplo ) are the 1st brown mini figs LEGO has created. As far as I know anyhow, and I've been collecting legos since childhood, and have seen all the transitions. KUDOS to LEGOS for breaking that barrier. Give it time, they will make them. They unfortunatly did miss a good optortunity for Lando ( skiff ) as they could have included him in the Jabba palace... not sure what kind of Cloud City scene they could come up with... Landing platform Lando? Nah...
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

LEGO has been around for quite some time. The fact that in the beginning, LEGO made the decision to not get caught up in this type of think by making the "Yellow Head" This was genious!! Now that COLLECTORS are wanting some realisum -- why not give it to them. There are not white people asking for white LEGOS, there are not black people asking for black LEGOS, and so on, you have COLLECTORS asking for more realistic characters -- it has nothing to do with black and white. Someone in the beginning of this tread mentioned packing several different heads with the sets -- This is a great idea. This whole tread started with someone wanting a Lando LEGO figure -- and also a Mace figure. Actually, now that I am on the tread -- I want a figure of ALL the SW universe -- make them all!!

My hat is off to LEGO for being such a universal toy line. They have done a super job over the past many years. With all this said -- as in the beginning -- we just want a Lando LEGO figure
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......