Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Why no Lando figure?

I can appreciate that Lego does not want to use brown for a Lando head because they claim that would establish the yellow heads as being ethnically white.

But I have to wonder, if yellow does not equal white, why the hell haven't they made a Lando figure by now? Just make him with a yellow head, give him a distinct moustache and black hair piece, and with the blue baron administrator garb I'll have a Lando figure. Sheesh, it's not like Lego sets out to create realistic likenesses.

Again, I do appreciate Lego's perspective but I think it's terrible that Lando has not been made yet. I don't know if they're influenced by the Simpsons, but within the world of Lego yellow is the fantasy color of humans. Hayden Christensen is white, and I have a yellow figure of him. Billy Dee Williams is black, but I can't have a yellow figure of him? Makes no sense to me, I urge Lego to get on with the business of adding a Lando themed set to my collection.

Since there is not a Dear Lego forum here, I hope that someone (hint hint JT ) might bring this up to them. And if you know anything else about this situation, I'd be eager to hear it.

Thanks

I've brought it up with them before, the impression I got was that they're afraid either way they do it, they'll wind up with a controversy they can't win. They never said this, but that's the impression I got.

As for the Simpsons, Carl and Officer Lou are brown, so that sorta kills that; but I think Lego should go for yellow Lando.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The TIE Pilot's black.

I guess a yellow Lando would be ok, but I'm sure there ARE some people out there who would complain about him obviously being black but it's racist to change his color so he'll "fit-in" and of course if they made him black then people would most likely chime in about more black LEGO figures being made along with other cultures to make up for LEGO's "racism" through the years.

However, they should really just go for yellow. It seems no one chimed in about them making the Indian mini-figs yellow.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Exclamation

Ah. Just a great thread. I've been thinking about this for some time, but haven't posted anything since I hardly ever visit this forum.

I totally want a Lando Lego figure. It would have been great to get him with the Cloud Car. Lobot's OK, but he's a very minor character. Plus, who are we supposed to put in the other car? A freaking Jack Stone figure?

It could have come with a cape like the Jedi figures and a nice little pistol or something. Then you could use it in the Millenium Falcon or even on the Desert Skiff (with a little imagination).

Please Hasbro, just make the Lando already! Who cares what color his head is!
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Er... ManCan, you wanna try asking the RIGHT company for that?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Since Lego isn't listening, I might as well yell at Hasbro. Or at a brick wall for that matter.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I never thought yellow was the equivalent of white, I consider it a neutral color to represent everybody. But in a PC world, less people have the imagination to make that work.

As long as the facial details and clothing are accurate, the color of the head shouldn't be an issue. So make Lando yellow. And if people complain about it, who cares? We know who it is, who it's played by, and what he looks like.

And if it's really a big issue, then make his face a pleasant shade of green, or maybe cyan.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Heh heh, Lego Lando is the brother of Lego Yoda.

LEGO actually has been known to read our comments... from time to time.

With Lego's status as an "educational" toy I'm very surprised they haven't already introduced multi-cultural Lego men. I'd like to see Lego men come in a variety of skin colors to represent all of the world's cultures. Seems like a no-brainer to me seeing as how Lego is sold in so many different countries.

That's exactly the point of the yellow skin color on Lego minifigs - it doesn't matter where you come from, the yellow represents EVERYBODY rather than one group, so it's easy to identify with despite "racial" background.