Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Has Hasbro addressed the possibility of a Jawa Sandrawler for the Saga line?

One of the very, VERY few things from the vintage line that I've always wanted is a Jawa Sandcrawler. I have the Action Fleet one (which rules)--but I really want the REAL thing for my 3 3/4" collection. We have B-Wings, Y-Wings, A-Wings, T-16s, Rancors, etc., but no Sandcrawlers!!!

As one of the few vehicles from the vintage line that most of us (like me) could never, EVER afford, I would've expected this to be a hotly-demanded item that Hasbro would've given in and made by now. But they haven't. Wazzupwitdat?

Due to the size, and therefore price, I think a big test to something like this will be the success of the Imperial Shuttle.

But they can try maybe doing it in several different pieces, first doing the base and the interior like a playset. Then a few months later, offer another compartment with an exclusive droid. Do about three of those, where once you get all the sets, they snap together into the completed Sandcrawler.

That way, the price is being distributed over a period of time, you don't have to buy the entire vehicle for a figure, and Hasbro can ship more than what they could if it was just one boxed vehicle.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Seeing as how the Sandcrawler is essentially a big, empty, plastic box; there is no reason for it to cost more than $30. Highly doubtful the remote control feature will make it into a re-release.

I would certainly be game for the Jawa Sandcrawler. I am hoping it gets released again. I think it stands a good chance since it's in this film, a mold already exists, and collectors would go for it. Of course it would probably have to be an exclusive. I would think they would do it sometime next year. Most likely it would be through FAO.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

I've always wanted this toy redone. I think the Vintage one is Amazing. (Of course it's not to scale --- but that would be expecting far too much to begin with. Seriously, it'd be way too big to be feasible. And the multiple set approach is something that I simply cannot ever see Hasbro doing.)

All they'd have to do is retool the deco a bit. Give it the old POTJ or SAGA treatment. Use the same mold. It's a great mold!!! From what I've heard about the vintage classic --- it'd only about the size of the main body of the AT AT. I really think that this could easily been done --- even as a dreaded exclusive for $50 to $60.

This would be a great addition to the line. And with the Sandcrawler supposedly now popping up in Episode II --- I think it stands a real chance. Heck, they made the TIE BOMBER and did a bang up job on a ship that only has a whopping ten seconds of screentime. (Seriously, it is my favorite vehicle ever -- the TIE BOMBER is simply amazing . . . )

I'd love to see this. Exclusive or no --- I'll definitely hunt this puppy down.

I'd pay $100-$150 for this puppy, especially if they made one bigger than the vintage. I've seen one at a comics shop, and the thing is just way, way too small.

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    Due to the size, and therefore price, I think a big test to something like this will be the success of the Imperial Shuttle.

But they can try maybe doing it in several different pieces, first doing the base and the interior like a playset. Then a few months later, offer another compartment with an exclusive droid. Do about three of those, where once you get all the sets, they snap together into the completed Sandcrawler.

That way, the price is being distributed over a period of time, you don't have to buy the entire vehicle for a figure, and Hasbro can ship more than what they could if it was just one boxed vehicle.
    I don't mean to be critical or anything of the sort, but what is it with many of you and your desire for everything to be broken up into pieces? There isn't any precedent for it that comes to mind from the current line or the vintage. That's like suggesting that the Shuttle be split into 4 pieces: 2 wings a cockpit and the body. Who would buy such a thing?

I really don't think it would work that way for any of the things we want, be it the Death Star playset, a Star Destroyer, the Sandcrawler or anything else. Yeah, they made those Death Star "scenes," but they weren't constructed to fit with anything else and they were practically meaningless on their own in terms of playability context.

No, what we really need are all-in-one ships and playsets that look and "feel" like the things that are seen in the movies. That stuff will sell to a broad range of people. 4 plastic walls won't.

I agree, Stillakid. I can't see anybody BUT diehard collectors buying toys in pieces . . .

As far as the smallness of the vintage --- who cares? I think the Vintage one is simply HANDS DOWN one of the coolest Star Wars Toys ever. And a rerelease is definitely my only shot at getting one it seems. And frankly it's the only way that would make sense for Hasbro to do one cost effectively.

Bring it on, Hasbro. Bring it on!

I think playsets can be made in sections, but there is no reason to break up a vehicle.

I never had the Sandcrawler as a kid and don't remember ever seeing one. I just checked out Ebay, most of the ones there were missing lots of parts.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Would I buy the Sandcrawler if it was rereleased? Yes. But with that said, you know it going to be done with the same mold like most of the other rereleases. And like the rest it's likely to have some "exclusive" figure and NO electronics i.e. not radio controlled. Which would be very lame, because that what make the vintage so cool in my mind.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane