Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up First official Episode I DVD review is up!!

First official DVD review just was posted at an Australian DVD site, quick go read it!

Looks like they added a few extra scenes back into the movie as well, sounds cool as heck. I cant wait for this DVD, Oct. 16th is to far away.

http://www.dvd.net.au/goto.cgi?http:...views/873.html

Enjoy! MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 09-11-2001 at 01:42 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Sounds very cool,can't wait for the Extended podrace scenes and the good looking Jira Also the Taxi scen has me interested
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Gotta keep those VHS copies afterall....the DVD has been re-edited and a few things have actually been added back into the film, some of the extended podrace footage and the Air Taxi scene.

Plus another reported chang in the movie is during the final duel with Maul, there is a change when Maul is killed. Hopefully Lucas made Obi-wan's swing faster so Maul doesnt look like he is just standing there waiting to be cut down.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 09-11-2001 at 03:47 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I can think of it but when George was making EP he had the ending he liked but everyone hated (which is the current one we have) and then he created another one to pleasre those people but George didn't like it and went back to the 1st one.

What was the 2nd one!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Anything new I'm for.I really like when they show us more on the movie than what first came out. I loved the special editions.Can't wait until its out.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

I am happy that all of the rumours of this DVD's content have been true!

It's going to be fantastic seeing this material for the first time. I think this is a great indicator as to where Uncle George is headed with the OT DVDs in the future. Give him a little time to get that all put together... after all- he needs to dig through the vaults to find all of that lost "making of" footage from the OT to "do the fans right"!!!

What a promising start to the saga we love!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I will not be able to get enough documentaries, behind the scenes, and "making of" on the original trilogy...and bloopers!!!!

I could watch hours and hours and hours of Star Wars bloopers. just give me all the unused footage from ALL the movies...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I agree with EP, the documentaries and the stories behind the movie is the most interesting aspect to me. I've always been more enthralled by how they made the movies than the actual movies themselves.

I'd love to hear the entire OT with the original David Prowse Darth Vader voice, I've heard it's quite funny. Especially when he realized that it didn't matter what he said since they were just gonna dub over it anyway.

"Hemmorhoids don't concern me Admiral, I want to sh**!"
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I love this DVD release, they really satisfied me with it. The Making Of documentary was fantastic and I wish they would have done that for the next two films, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I love this DVD release, they really satisfied me with it. The Making Of documentary was fantastic and I wish they would have done that for the next two films, as well.
    I agree, PLUS you get The Rick's "This is f'ing awesome!" quote which quite frankly was f'ing awesome!!!!!