Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you think of Cinema Scenes??

I was just surfing around and came across Cinema Scenes for the first time. I'm just wondering what's everyone's opinion of them?? I've only seen pictures on the net so it's hard to tell. Do people collect these?? What's the most popular?? Entertainment Earth has some on clearence.
    Thanks for your time.

I origanally started collecting POTF II figs to replace my childhood collection( I sold it !aaaarrrrgh!).Then i replaced my childhood collection,this led to an inscessant need to gain 1 of every figure made!!!At first i avoided Cinema Scenes(too pricey at the time for 3 figs).It soon became impossable to build dioramas without said sets e.g Cantina Aliens,Skiff Guards.I love them now!!!Ihave almost all of them and fitting the entire scene(background and all is a great challenge offen with brillaint unthought of effects.
    They also include at least one(for the most part!)figure that is unreleased on cards e.g Uncle Owen,Yoda Spirit,Greeta.And most are resculpts too,now the price is lower they're an attractive addition to any collection.Even for those of you who dont play with their toys(something i'll never understand!),because the window packaging is great.
    TPM boxes also include comm-chips which was pretty cool.I hope that Hasbro will release a few more to increase my own collection at least!
    Answer your Question?

Have a better one!.............Spinner pilot/Bladerunner

They're greeeeeeeeat.

Most contained figures that Hasbro would most likely not release on their own. I am looking foward to the new sets; I hope that Hasbro makes a Vader, Captain Colton Antilles and a Stormtrooper set. The set would sell well because of the popularity of Vader and the stormtrooper and the desire of collectors to have the Captain.
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

If they involve new characters, I love them!
    But if a set consist of only resculpts (Tatooine Showdown) it will take some convincing to get me to buy it (Death Star Escape).
    Rumors are lurking that Hasbro may be returning to this concept next year, I'd like to see that happen.

I like em! I love em! I want more of em! Make it hurt Hasbro make it hurt! Make it hurt Hasbro make it hurt! Humph!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Well, I have mixed feelings about them.

It took my a LONG time to finish my Cinema Scenes collection. Some were VERY difficult to find, some were easily found at clearance for $8.99-$9.99!

It is nice to have new figs like the Cantina Aliens, Skiff Guards, Rebel Pilots, etc. However, the initial price of $20.00-$30.00 each is a bit steep.

I think one or two every now and then is a great idea! The collecting community has been screaming for a couple of Jedi Council Cinema Scenes for years now.

Well, it finally looks like we may get our wish! I just hope that they are more evenly distributed and fairly priced. I think $15.00 is fair, no more than $20.00!
    May the force be with you.

I loved the Cinema Scenes. I hope they pick up the line again! There are some great possibilites from the original series and the newer films that would make cool three packs. Here's my wishlist:

1. Addressing the Senate (TPM) - Amidala, Palpatine (Senate Robes) and Panaka
    2. Dagobah Encounter (TESB) - Luke, Yoda and R2-D2 (covered in muck)
    3. Naboo Celebration (TPM) - Amidala (White Gown), Boss Nass (with Peace Globe) and Padawan Anakin
    4. Anakin's Test (TPM) - Anakin, Yoda (seated), and Mace Windu (seated)
    5. Rebel Headquarters (ANH) - Princess Leia, General Dodonna, and C-3PO

Lots more possibilities....

Thanks for all the feedback. Everyone has talked me into picking them up. Does anyone have a complete list of them anywhere?? Post your favorite one...

Cantina Showdown
    Death Star Escape
    Purchase of the Droids
    Jabba's Dancers
    Mynock Hunt
    Cantina Aliens
    Jedi Spirits
    Jabba's Skiff Guards
    Rebel Pilots
    Tatooine Showdown
    Mos Espa Encounter
    Watto's Box

I did those from the top of my head, did I get them all? there are lists all over the place, I wanted to test my memory.

Complete list:

POTF2:
    Death Star Escape (Han stormtrooper, Luke stormtrooper, Chewie)
    Cantina Showdown (Ben, Walrusman, Dr. Evazan)
    Purchase of the Droids (Luke, Threepio, Uncle Owen)
    Jabba's Dancers (Lynn Me, Rystall, Greeata)
    Final Jedi Duel (Vader, Luke, seated Emperor)
    Mynock Hunt (Han, Leia, Chewie, Mynock)
    Jedi Spirits (Ben, Yoda, Anakin)
    Cantina Aliens (Labria, Nabrun Leids, Takeel)
    Rebel Pilots (Wedge, Arvel Crynyd, Ten Nunb)
    Jabba's Skiff Guards (Klaatu, Barada, Nikto)

Ep1:
    Mos Espa Encounter (Anakin, Jar Jar, Sebulba)
    Tatooine Showdown (Qui-Gonn, Maul, Anakin)
    Watto's Box (Watto, Horox Ryder, Red Twi'lek)
    Final Lightsaber Duel (Obi-Wan, Maul)

My favorites are the Final Jedi Duel since it has the only acceptable Jedi Luke made thus far and a seated Emperor; Skiff Guards, Jedi Spirits and Tatooine Showdown.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis