Thread: Ackbar's back

Talking Ackbar's back

At starwars.com, they have the cover scans and a brief synopsis of Destiny's Way, the next NJO hardcover. The summary states:
    On the New Republic's provisional capital world, a retired and ailing war hero returns, hoping to stem the tide of sabotage and betrayal.
    There's a small pic of Ackbar on the back cover, as well. Combined with the comment about the New Republic needing Ackbar's leadership more than ever from The New Essential Guide to Characters, I have a feeling that the Vong are going to meet their match in November.

'Bout time!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Hooray! I sincerely hope he doesn't get sacrificed like Chewie, Anakin, and Borsk.

'IT'S A TRAP!!!'
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

The way I see it, he's gonna be kicking too much Vong butt to die off.

Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Corran, and the gang are all well and good, but only Ackbar is a military genius.

Were Thrawn alive, the Vong would've been beaten in Onslaught. The Republic only beat him because of the Empire's misuse of Noghri.

Wedge can't stand desk jobs, and doesn't seem to be nearly the leader that he is a pilot.

Pellaeon and bel Iblis, well, I think Del Rey forgot about them.

Madine is, sadly, dead, a victim of a stupid Hutt with a stupid plot in a stupid book.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Oh yeah, Ackbar is an excellent character, I hope he returns. I'd also like to see Pellaeon again.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    isn't it implied that Palleon is giving the Vong whatfor on the Remnant border? The Imperial fleet isn't what it once was, so they are probably keeping them occupied with what few ships they have all along the Remnant/Republic (now Vong) border.

They keep mentioning bel Iblis every few books, but he's always somewhere else fighting the Vong and not an actual character in the books.

At the end of the Zahn duology, there was a Thrawn clone. I kept thinking they were going to do something with that. Even though it was "dead", I'm sure they have another clone somewhere.

I'm also suprised Tatooine isn't showing up very often.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

OH YEAH! They Yuuzhan Vong had better start running now!

ACKBAR FOR SUPREME CHANCELLOR!

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    isn't it implied that Palleon is giving the Vong whatfor on the Remnant border? The Imperial fleet isn't what it once was, so they are probably keeping them occupied with what few ships they have all along the Remnant/Republic (now Vong) border.
    It's been mentioned in the books that the Vong don't see the Empire as a serious threat, and have thus left them alone. I'm sure that won't last for much longer, and I'm willing to bet the Imperial Remnant has a few surprises in store for the Vong when they are threatened!

They keep mentioning bel Iblis every few books, but he's always somewhere else fighting the Vong and not an actual character in the books.
    With Ackbar getting back into the action hopefully we'll see Bel Iblis make a comeback as well, and finally the tide will shift!

At the end of the Zahn duology, there was a Thrawn clone. I kept thinking they were going to do something with that. Even though it was "dead", I'm sure they have another clone somewhere.
    Did he turn out to be a clone? I got so bored with the last half of the second book and with Luke and Mara spending so much time hacking their way through that mountain that I never finished it! I thought he'd end up being some con man surgically altered to look like Thrawn. He certainly didn't act at all like Thrawn, which is why I never thought of him as a clone.

I'm also suprised Tatooine isn't showing up very often.
    I have a feeling Tatooine will pop up sooner or later. I'm willing to bet it ends up as the base of operations for the New Republic for a little while (until Coruscant is retaken!), or maybe it'll end up being the home of the new Jedi Academy!