Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jonna
    I really have no interest in legos so no!

What can I do with all those green bricks? This Yoda set has little value and it doesn't even look like Yoda in my opinion. So, not getting... even at sale, not getting.

Basker, 13"-tall Yoda would be exactly half-size, that's pretty good IMO.

As for why the pricing has gone up, I'll try to ask that next time I get a chance, but I bet the answer is that the costs for raw materials and shipping have gone up - Lego kept inflation at bay for quite a while. The reason their parts are more expensive than a company like Mega Bloks is because Lego's quality tolerances and standards are ridiculously high, much more so than Mega Bloks - Lego demands only the highest quality materials in their products, as well as constant issues of colorfastness, brick texture, and especially size tolerances - which are RIDICULOUSLY refined to an incredibly small number for a perfect build every time. Personally, when I play with Lego, or when I give Lego toys as a gift, I accept that I'm paying more because I know I'm getting and/or giving a quality that will ensure the best possible fun experience that a building toy can give. And after several of my Mega Bloks sets fell apart and/or cut up my hand during building/rebuilding, believe me, that issue matters to me more now than when I was a kid.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Talking Yoda

I'm going to get the yoda no matter what but i wanna know how sweet it is or am i going to be disapointed.
    Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

I own it...

I must say, I purchased the Yoda with some skepticism, but I'll tell you what, when completedm it's one HELL of a conversation piece!

People love it. Simple as that. I have some parties over here and they see my UCS Blockade Runner and are like "OOoo. Neat" but when they see Yoda, they LOVE him...and probably think I am a freak for getting him, too

Still, yes- he's not solid pieces but he is STURDY. I mean I had a few issues constructing but in the end, he's fully mobile and can be positioned anywhere. You can remove the Blissflute but NOT easily (as the connections are built into the base of the backside of the neck). His eyes are fully movable, and kind of cool to mess with. The hands with the cane are attached via peghole connectors.

I had a little trouble getting the head and wrinkles just right, but it wasn't too hard to reverse construct and fix them.

I DO recommend buying it- he's a fun build and an eye-catcher. I am personally glad I got him

Now only if Lego will make it so I can give him a green saber (like the Celebration II version)...that would be call as a Shop-At-Home Expansion kit or something...

Which is somthing else I wonder about. ACPin has made some GREAT customs with his UCS TIE Interceptor. Wouldn't it be COOL if Lego sold the parts along with instructions so you could put various TIE's together using the UCS TIE set?

Just an idea

Now only if Lego will make it so I can give him a green saber (like the Celebration II version)...that would be call as a Shop-At-Home Expansion kit or something...

I had the exact same feeling when I saw the pics of Yoda at CII. Having him pose with his lightsaber drawn was one of the coolest things I've seen done with legos. I just don't have the creativity to add the saber though. Maybe one day if I have enough time I'll break it down and give it a go. The trick might be gettin the little grin off his face and giving him a more scowling or determined look.

Hmmm...

That might work well, but you need extra pieces (I would assume) for making the arms and the pose. Probably the hands, too...you might need to buy a second Yoda kit just to get it done... And of course, to say nothing of buidling the Lightsaber!

Of course, I am tempted to buy a second Millennium Falcon to make a Dash Rendar's Outrider...but that's me

Re: I own it...

Originally posted by Warstar
    Which is somthing else I wonder about. ACPin has made some GREAT customs with his UCS TIE Interceptor. Wouldn't it be COOL if Lego sold the parts along with instructions so you could put various TIE's together using the UCS TIE set?

Just an idea
    Thanks for the compliments!

I must say that I was about to get this piece except for the fact that I saw these boxes on clearance. You're not gonna like this, but I got three UCS TIE Interceptors for $29.99 each!

Yoda or 3 UCS TIE Interceptors? Sorry, Yoda got to go!
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Basker, 13"-tall Yoda would be exactly half-size, that's pretty good IMO.

As for why the pricing has gone up, I'll try to ask that next time I get a chance, but I bet the answer is that the costs for raw materials and shipping have gone up - Lego kept inflation at bay for quite a while. The reason their parts are more expensive than a company like Mega Bloks is because Lego's quality tolerances and standards are ridiculously high, much more so than Mega Bloks - Lego demands only the highest quality materials in their products, as well as constant issues of colorfastness, brick texture, and especially size tolerances - which are RIDICULOUSLY refined to an incredibly small number for a perfect build every time. Personally, when I play with Lego, or when I give Lego toys as a gift, I accept that I'm paying more because I know I'm getting and/or giving a quality that will ensure the best possible fun experience that a building toy can give. And after several of my Mega Bloks sets fell apart and/or cut up my hand during building/rebuilding, believe me, that issue matters to me more now than when I was a kid.
    True true, I guess that's another reason why pricing went down for the Saga line when it was released.

I got an idea about "filling up" Yoda. Since usually stores carry bulk piece sets, think it would be possibly to buy one of those buckets and fill the Yoda up? The colors wouldn't match of course but they'd be hidden inside as a support structure. Don't cost much either, do they? $16-$20 I think.

Oh yeah, if you bought multiple Yoda sets like if they were clearanced, think you would be able to combine them (or with a third ones help) and make it double the size for a 1:1 scale? Following the instructions but scaling them up as you go along. I heard about this one person who built a 7' tall Yoda out of LEGOs to stand with him as he waited for May 16th outside the theatre and it look like he followed the LEGO Yoda design.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"