Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: to sweden.

Talking to sweden.

dear sweden , a while back i read your review of the darth maul bust on fbtb.net but as usual they delete old post . and i really want to know about it to see if i should buy it or not. can you possibly write a detailed review or something like that! at fbtb.net we still say good things about you i for one created 2 post in your favor and both reached 20 posts. so please if you could do me this favor i would be very gratefull

ps. say hi to eva
    pss. new member here!
    darth maul is worlds greatest sith!

Talking Re: To Sweden.

Dear Darthsal, since I write “ALL” my posts and replies in the “Word” program and then save them for fun and reference it wasn’t a big deal at all to post my (old) review of the “Darth Maul Bust” that I made at the “From Bricks to Bothans” website the 26th of October2001.

Yes it’s a real pitty that “From Bricks to Bothans” don’t save old posts but then again the administrators over at that website claimed that there had been some sort of trouble with the forum at that time and that posts prior to a certain date in October had been deleted.

As you and some others also might know I caused quite a controversy over at the “From Bricks to Bothans” website when I said that I had received the “Darth Maul Bust” earlier then the officially announced release date but I “DID” indeed get it when I said I did so that’s it.

The reason to why I bring this up again is because some of the posts and replies I made after the problems they had with the forum all suddenly were deleted as well and if I were to make a qualified guess they felt uncomfortable with some of the things I said and took it away.

Anyway...

I’m very glad to hear that you and some other people think that I made a difference at the “From Bricks to Bothans” website and forum and that you guys seem to like me as well and I’m very surprised that people still ask about me after leaving that website a long time ago.

Now a days I’m not on the Internet as much as I’d like to since I spend most of the time over at my own apartment where I don’t have access to broadband but pay by the hour as I only had access to the broadband thingy at my girlfriend Eva’s place on the other side of town.

I’ll say hi to Eva next time I see her. Thanks buddy.

Kindest regards,

Lars Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.

PS) What nick name did you use at the “From Bricks to Bothans” website? If you don’t want to say it here then e-mail me at: olzon.lars@telia.com and we can talk.
    R.J. (John Carpenter's The Thing) MacReady: Crazy Swedes...

thanks a whole lot sweden for the great review. btw my nickname on fbtb.net is supersaloo5 . i hope we can talk some more.!

ps. does that mean you still have the rbr review. ahem .

Talking Re: To Sweden.

Dear Darthsal/Supersaloo5, you’re most welcome and thanks for your kind words about my review of the “Darth Maul Bust” and it’s really great to see one of the kindest people from the “From Bricks to Bothans” website joining this very excellent website and forum so welcome!

You know, I thought about staying in touch with you in some way but as you know I got the “bananarama” treatment by the famous moderators when I said what was on my mind and when checking your “EZ” profile I simply couldn’t find any e-mail address to you at all.

Unfortunately, due to this and that reason I’m not going to be able to be around this forum as much as I’d love to but if you would like to stay in touch with me in some other ways you can e-mail me at olzon.lars@telia.com or if you have ICQ you can contact me on no. 17349153.

This might sound like I’m bashing certain people but I don’t really care at all...

I do remember you quite well actually from the “From Bricks to Bothans” website and forum Darthsal/Supersaloo5 and I’m forever greatful when you stood up for me and I also do remember how you were “warned” about being banned if you didn’t stop questioning them.

As far as I’m concerned that kind of thing would never ever happen over here at this LEGO Star Wars line forum as I find the ever so kind moderator Mr. JediTricks to be a very fair and kind hearted person so I wouldn’t hesitate to say that you’ve come to the right place.

Sure, talk about the LEGO Star Wars line is much slower here as Mr. Tim Saupé said himself once upon a time but Sir Steve’s Star Wars Guide and his forum is a much more friendly place to be at as I’ve never ever seen any kind of arguing going on in the LEGO forum at all.

Well... I’ve only been spanked a little by moderator “JediTricks” for using the “merital aid” word in my review of 8008 “Technic” Stormtrooper as I simply couldn’t find another word for what the gun/rifle looked like but I can live with that you know!

Kindest regards,

PS) Yes I still have the “Rebel Blockade Runner” review... Ahem... Read it here...

Aww, I am mean.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

thanks soo much sweden for both great reviews you are truly a great freind . btw i am not taking sides because both sir steves guide and fbtb.net are great websites they both have flaws but are still fun toi visit . a while back i read here that you had sent pictures to tim but he didnt post them. so i sent denise a email requesting the picvtures . she said she didnt know anything about . so i emailed her again ranting and raving and she got angry and made another excuse . so i created a post asking about the pics. and it was immedietly deleted . i then ended up calling fbtb.net very ignorent and i was warned . me i wanted to be able to post there so i kept it cool but i still have anger for denise because she simply ignored me.

anyway enough of that. thanks again for the great reviews and ill be emailing you soon.

I will always defend myself when I feel I've been slandered.

First, there was indeed an ezboard problem last October which resulted in approximately five - seven days' worth of posts being lost. A regrettable incident to be sure, but one over which we had no control. I'm sure anyone at ezboard will be happy to confirm. The FBTB forum was not the only ezboard to be affected.

Second, Saleem, your request to me for pictures that may or may not have been sent to FBTB was not only illogical, it was inappropriate. Illogical ~ my responsibilities at FBTB are Sales Reporter and Forum Administrator; Tim is the one who handles main site content. Why did you ask me? Inappropriate ~ and more important ~ it would not be right for me or anyone at any website to simply email pictures sent to us by one reader to another reader.

I tried to be polite to you but you persisted in demanding pictures of which no one at FBTB had possession, and which could not ethically have been sent to you even if we did have them. I did not and do not 'rant and rave', I merely asked you to stop emailing me and asking for them. Your actions on the forums proved that you weren't listening. Accepting the word 'no' is an important skill to have in life. I tend to stop responding after saying 'no' several times; if you choose to feel angry because you think I was ignoring you, that's your prerogative. FBTB handled the situation politely and as we saw fit; your behavior did not reflect well on you.

Apologies to JediTricks and SSG for going off-topic, but I'm sure you can appreciate my position.

~ Denise

i've found more issues with forum members at fbtb as opposed to the moderators. i find them to be fair. the members on the other hand have some issues, maybe its cause some of them are young, who knows.
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Exclamation

Originally posted by fourtwo
    i've found more issues with forum members at fbtb as opposed to the moderators. i find them to be fair. the members on the other hand have some issues, maybe its cause some of them are young, who knows.

I'll have to disagree with you a bit on this one. I think fbtb has some serious "control" issues going on. Don't get me wrong I understand that it's their forum and they can do as they see fit. But it seem that if you post anything that they don't agree with, express a negative opinion of LEGO or even a negative opinion of fbtb then your post is subject to being deleted. I think the board gets very stale when user's aren't allowed to express all sides of an issue. Now for example on LUGNET pretty much anything goes...yes I know at times it gets out of control, but you get so many sides of an issue that it makes it worth while.

I've really found that fbtb has become nothing more than just a "half ***" marketing tool of LEGO. Rarely is the "news" information given anything other than a press release from LEGO. I want to read information about LEGO products from other sources, but that would be unofficial news and not allowed on fbtb. I can get the official news off the LEGO.com site. It's no wonder that if you read the forums they really only seem to have the same 20 or so people posting...

...needless to say I've quickly lost interest in reading the ftbt.net site all together and I would bet others have too.

just my two cents

SkiBob
    Last edited by SkiBob; 07-17-2002 at 10:16 PM.

Re: To Sweden.

All I can say is sweet lord almighty...

Unfortunately I'm way to busy at the moment with work amongst other things in life in general so I'll share my thoughts on this subject a little later on but here goes:

Denise, please do check this out:

http://pages.map.com/starwars/renhoeck.html

There's a whole lot of interesting things to read at that website and lets see if you can figure out why I posted that address and what I'm "trying" to say to you.

A hint though Denise: You, Ace and Tim has the right to defend yourselves at any price and with any available method when, as you say, you guys been slandered. I got slandered as well and defended myself against petty accusations from less intelligent people and I got "Bananaramad" from your forum... Etc... Etc... Etc.. So my question is: Why can you guys defend yourself in public when I can't? Beats me...

Fourtwo: The Moderators "DO" have issues. I'll get back later.

SkiBob: You're totally right about all you said. Enough said.

I'll get back to all this later on as it's very interesting topic.

If JediTricks allows it of course. Otherwise I'll leave it alone.

Kindest regards,