Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have to liquadate my collection

Well everyone I have to liquadate my collection. So I going to start little by little. Can you give me an idea of what this might be worth and how you would sell it.
    Here is what I have. I can e-mail you a picture if you would like. These are all still in the box and mint condition. Let me know if you are interested.

Star Wars The Power of the Force all that are boldered are in the red backing package.

Han Solo in Hoth Gear
    Princess Leia Organa with Laser Pistol and Assault Riffle
    Ben Kenobi with Lightsaber and Removable Cloak
    Chewbacca with Bowcaster and Heavy Blaster Riffle
    Han Solo in Carbonite Block
    Luke Skywalker with Grappling-Hook Blaster and lightsaber
    Boba Fett with sawed- off Blaster Rifle and Jet Pack
    C-3 PO with Realistic Metalized Body
    StormTropper with Blaster Rifle and Heavy Infantry Cannon
    Darth Vader with Lightsaber and removable Cape

To be honest, not much. Those POTF2 figures just aren't in demand. I see a glut of them on ebay and nobody is buying. If you just want to get rid of them and you are willing to accept a loss, you might get a buck or two a piece for them but don't expect more than that. You could always donate them and use it as a tax write-off.

Quote Originally Posted by decadentdave View Post
    To be honest, not much. Those POTF2 figures just aren't in demand. I see a glut of them on ebay and nobody is buying. If you just want to get rid of them and you are willing to accept a loss, you might get a buck or two a piece for them but don't expect more than that. You could always donate them and use it as a tax write-off.
    I agree 100%. These are inferior sculpts compared to the new figures. The best ones (that have somewhat stood the test of time) are C3PO, Boba Fett, and Stormtrooper. But even then Boba and Stormy are still too buff looking. Good luck!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Leena View Post
    I have to liquadate my collection
    Have you considered using a blender?

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Oh, that is rich...almost as rich as a POTF2 action figure milkshake. And you can hock the blender when you're done and make a few bucks.

My guess is you'll end up spending more in gas driving to the post ofice to mail out individual sales and time = money than what you'll make (at leats for those fiures listed).

I'd try selling in small lots with a higher priced figure to get people to bite on the as mentioned above less than superior POTF-2 sculpts.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid View Post
    God I love sarcasm.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

You could also sell them to online dealers/stores. Some of them have Buy Lists, or will buy entire collections. But you won't earn much money on it, compared to what you put in -- they will be in it for the profit (obviously) and so you will get, like $1.99 for something you paid $5.99 for. Some items you will do better on though -- and if you're simply looking to unload them, it's a great way to lighten the load.

I'm selling all my POTF2 and doing just fine on eBay -- almost entirely (80%) to collectors overseas. POTF2 sales have been brisk for me the last few weeks. Also, you can have the USPS come to your house and pick up your shipments -- AND you can order many sizes of free boxes from them online. I print all my postage right online too -- it's super easy. Packing peanuts, however, can be expensive.

I've also donated a bunch to local charities, because how cool is it if you're a struggling kid and you suddenly get some Star Wars toys?

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDubya View Post
    I'm selling all my POTF2 and doing just fine on eBay -- almost entirely (80%) to collectors overseas. POTF2 sales have been brisk for me the last few weeks. Also, you can have the USPS come to your house and pick up your shipments -- AND you can order many sizes of free boxes from them online. I print all my postage right online too -- it's super easy. Packing peanuts, however, can be expensive.

I've also donated a bunch to local charities, because how cool is it if you're a struggling kid and you suddenly get some Star Wars toys?

Good luck!
    how do much do you usually charge for shipping overseas? Is it a flat rate everywhere, or are all countries different?
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    God I love sarcasm.
    Yeah, SURE you do.