Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you watch the Fan Films awards?

Kevin Smith hosted this show on Sci-Fi, introducing a number of dfferent fan films. I thought Kevers was disappointing as host, his quip about fan filmers having "no interest in girls" is a tired stereotype and he kept doing this grabbing thing with his hands when he said "Clones". I didn't catch the writing credit, if he wrote a lot of the stuff himself I wonder if he can only write well when being profane.

There were some nice little films. I think my favorite was probably the one that Lucas hand picked, an animated musical sung by a girl who asks Santa for a Falcon and Tauntaun toy. It was catchy, it had me entertained the whole time instead of most of the others that were spotty.
    One cartoon that follows George's "firing" of Jar Jar let me down because the George character pronounced Liam Neeson's character as "Quee-Gon" several times. Not that it's a big deal by itself, but jeez if you are that disgusted by Jar Jar and TPM you should really get the names right so it doesn't look as if you're following the trend of dissing those elements.

All the winners and finalists are on atomfilms website right now for your viewing pleasure bigbarada.

KEWL, thanx LM

I actually recorded the show. I really enjoyed some of the stuff.

I think Kev's joke was a bit more than meets the eye. Afterall, he made it big with indy films and SW jokes.

Sort of like the pot calling the bigger pot, um kettle, uh, whatever.
    May the force be with you.

Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
    All the winners and finalists are on atomfilms website right now for your viewing pleasure bigbarada.

Is this being rerun to anyone's knowledge? I caught the show about 15 minutes into it and would like to see the whole thing if possible...

Stillakid, I just checked my Dish online channel guide for you. You're Pacific Time, correct? It says the show will be on again Monday 13 May at 8pm.

I missed it all except for the last one with the little singing girl about SW Christmas. I guess I'll have to try and catch it tomorrow.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

i too only saw the last few mins. . .

. . .& personally i feel sorry for the brits who made that dopey xmas tauntaun flik lucas picked as his fave, cuz the honor is just gonna make fans all over the world (like me) rain scorn down upon that lame peiceacrap so That's what emperor jorge picked as his fave? uh oh, meesa fwaid dat no fortend well for da epishode 2 coolnessh
    from what i did see, this special documented once & for all that sweeks can be every bit as dorky as trekkies- see? it's all one big happy, laughable world, can't we all jist git along

Originally posted by Caesar
    Stillakid, I just checked my Dish online channel guide for you. You're Pacific Time, correct? It says the show will be on again Monday 13 May at 8pm.
    Thanks! I'll take a look. Something's wrong with the auto-subscribe feature here at SSG so I didn't see this right away.

If anyone hasn't seen Christmas Tauntauns, I highly recommend it. Very very clever and deserving of the award. I hope he gets a three picture deal.