Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Nobody wants to make fun of Jason Ten?

Oh, I see, probably because nobody saw it.

I saw it the second day of its release . . . and as silly as it was I can't say it was too bad when compared to the other films in the series. It's bad, don't get me wrong - just not as bad as about half of the others. Frankly, I'd rank it around 5 or 6. I dunno, I never saw an F13 film in a theater, so I wanted to check it out. I'll wait to see if any of you bothered with this movie before I throw out a few specifics.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Do you want to drink some beer?

Or smoke some pot?

I know! How about pre marital sex?

We just looove pre marital sex!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Now that scene was a letdown. Well, except for, you know . . .

Seriously, I knew before I saw it that they had a scene like that on a holodeck type thing, and it sounded cool - I thought it was going to be a serious recreation of the past, thinking that the frozen hottie (didn't she sound a lot like Alicia Witt?) would plug in some knowledge of Pamela Vorhees or something.

I knew that if no one else responded, Eternal Padawan would!
    What did you think of the opening credits? I imagined it as being a depiction of Hell . . . I guess for me that glosses over the time lapse / continuity issue from part 9.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Sorry. Only caught the last 10-15 minutes because I had to clean it. I pride myself on never having seen ANY of the Friday the 13th films. Besides, I heard it's really hard to follow this one if you haven't seen the other 9.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I actually wanted to see this movie, somewhat. It looks to be, quite possibly the funniest movie ever. Not funny like Monty Python funny, but funny like Battlefield Earth funny.

I actually enjoy these types of films, because they are so low brow, its funny.

I'll rent it when it comes out, probably.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Sorry. Only caught the last 10-15 minutes because I had to clean it. I pride myself on never having seen ANY of the Friday the 13th films. Besides, I heard it's really hard to follow this one if you haven't seen the other 9.
    Do you mean you had to clean the theater? If so, does that mean the place was vacant 10-15 minutes before it ended?
    I grew up being terrified of the "X" man, he and Mike Myers are the only 2 horror icons to scare me (add the 1984 Terminator exoskeleton to that list). Part 4 is creepy, 6 is silly / funny, and 8 is kinda fun. Those 3 are my favorites. I like 9 as well, if only for the crossover of John D. LeMay.

Wolfy, I do recommend that you rent it, if only for the reasons you mentioned.

I actually liked some of the Halloween ones. Actually, I like all of them except 3 and H20. For "that" type of movie, the Halloween series alwayse kept somewhat of a base line continuity, and the series had some integrity. Up until H2O that is. Although I'm looking forward to the next installment as well. I love cheesy horror sequels made in the last few years.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Speaking of Halloween, before Jason X they showed a trailer for Halloween Resurrection coming in July.

Continuity in the Halloween series? Surely you jest!
    You're right, they do keep some base continuity, but plenty of things don't jive. H20 works best as the coda to the first 2 films.

I saw Jason X, it was ok...but it had some major plot holes that I just can't excuse. The biggest one was the whole Nanotech thing, giving him a big honking cybernetic mask, part of his chest, right arm, and left leg.

If you really read any of the work being done on Nanotech, that sort of stuff would be completly impossible. Another thing I always have to fault in these movies are how darn stupid some of the people are. Like the idiot that got his arm chopped off, cause he knocked over Jason. Should have sliced that moron in half instead.

As for the new Halloween film, I have read how they get around the fact that he got his head cut off at the end of H20. If anyone really wants to know, I will go ahead and post it. It's intresting, but pretty stupid in my opinion.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

post it JJB! there can't be a non-funny or logical explanation so sure, go ahead, I'm interested
    as far as Jason X, please don't post spoilers, just say something like "the thing that happans to mr...." casue I want to see the movie maybe in the cinema (got some free tickets for cinema) and it's not coming out here in france till I think bout a month or more
    can't wait to see blade (also comes out I think beginning june or so here)