Here's how it works.
1.The first person (that person being me) gives a quote from a film.
2. The first person then thinks of a second quote from the same film, AND KEEPS IT TO HIM/HERSELF.
3. WITHOUT NAMING THE FILM, everyone begins to guess the second quote, based on the first quote.
4. When someone correctly guesses the second quote, he or she starts the process over by THINKING OF A NEW FILM and giving us a new quote and keeping the second quote to themselves.
"Luke, I am your father."
The people guess:
"Do. Or do not. There is no try."
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
"I'd just as soon kiss a wookiee."
before the winner finally correctly guesses:
''This deal is getting worse all the time."
It's important to remember, THE TITLE IS NEVER MENTIONED.
It's also important to remember, the second quote should be neither to obscure or too easy. ("Stop! Don't go in there!" is obviously very vague. Conversely "I'll be back." is a little too easy after the clue "Hasta la vista, baby" is used.)
They must also be unique to the film. (E.G "My name is Bond. James Bond." or "May the Force be with you." isn't allowed because it could be for any of several films.)
Don't use profanity. if you don't see it in the starting quote and if you know it's not in the "correct" quote, you won't bother to use it, even if it's ***** out.
Eventually, after we get stumped (and we will. Trust me, nothing kills this game faster than a really hard movie and/or quote) so after ten INCORRECT attempts, a SECOND GAME will be started under the first one, but the first game will remain active for anyone wishing to try. If it keeps up long enough we'll have multiple games running. We will number the games so it may look something like this.
1. "Tear this ship apart until you've found those plans."
2. "You've got a lot of guts coming here. After what you pulled."
3. "I have no memories of my mother."
...and so on. Suppose you have no idea what movie 2 is but you know 1 and 3 are, your response might look like this...
1. "Look sir, droids."
3. "You rebel Scum."
so the starters of that particular game know if you are playing in it.
And remember...NEVER MENTION THE MOVIE BY NAME. Ready? Here we go...