Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a toughie to answer...

... but let me give you a "best of" list:

$.97 POTJ (first two or three assortments) @ Wal-Mart (TRU "door-buster" price match from 'day-after-Thanksgiving-Day-Sale' ad) - Fall 2000
    $5 Hasbro Lightsabers @ TRU - Now!!
    $20 At-At's and PFX X-Wings @ TRU - Summer 2000
    $1.97 CommTech R2's/Stormies @ TRU - Spring 2001
    $7.99 Mynock Hunt Cinema Scenes (qty. found... 5!); Rebel Pilots/Skiff Guards @ Kay-Bee/Toy Works - Summer 2000
    $12 Falcon Case with Scanning Tech @ Wal-Mart - Summer 1999
    $11.97 (cost) 3-3/4" Han with Tauntaun @ Wal-Mart - Spring 1999
    and any and all "Episode One" clearance deals, especially the Queens Royal Starship and half-price Fambaa from FAO!!

... just a few favorite deals. There's more; just can't remember them all...
    "Do or do not... there is no try."

Mynock hunt and Theater edition Luke for free! I had a friend who was into collecting, but he had to quit because he couldnt keep up.
    "Luke, join the dark side, it's so wizard!"

I got 3 Mint in Mint Card EU Mara Jade at $10 each. Down here, its about half its usual retail price.

From winning various contests, I got a Luke Stormtrooper, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Trade Federation Droid Fighters, Endor Bunker Playset, and the Fan Club 4.

If you meant an actual deal...I found all 3 Hoth beast packs at normal price at a K-Mart long after they became rare.

I bought a Super Nintendo from Target for $15. Brand new, sealed in the box and everything!

But I assume you mean Star Wars. Well, when I was in Korea I bought a few of the Korean exclusive Transformers re-releases. I spent a total of $60 on the toys and $13 on shipping to send them to Brian's Toys for trades. Where I recieved a Marmit Boba Fett, a Marmit Sandtrooper, and the entire newest wave of POTJ! Along with some other stuff.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Not to be a nit-picker, but...

I really haven't had a "best deal" on POTJ items yet. Since that's the title of this section. But...

$4 Blue Snaggletooth (with no gun ).
    $200 or so for 7 POTF figs (Luke Trooper, A-Wing Pilot, R2 w/ Saber, Amanaman, Imp Dignitary, Romba, Barada).
    $28 for Queen's ship
    $20 vintage Y-Wing
    Others I forget now, but...
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Re: Not to be a nit-picker, but...

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    $200 or so for 7 POTF figs (Luke Trooper, A-Wing Pilot, R2 w/ Saber, Amanaman, Imp Dignitary, Romba, Barada).
    Not bad at all
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs up

Most of my best deals would be vintage stuff, since I finished my collection (that still grows; how's that happening? ) about 1994 or so. The prices weren't so high then. But the opposite gives me an idea...
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Talking

I got 4 R2-D2 w/Holograph Leia, 6 Stormtroopers, and 3 Darth
    Vader w/Interrogation Droid, for $1.97 at TRU.

I sold 2 of the R2-D2's for $12.00 apiece.

I picked up 7 Vader with Interrogation droids at TRU for about $1.97 each.