Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I was able to score 31 (yes thirty-one) COMMTECH Stormtroopers at TRU for $1.97 each!!

Exclamation

I was able to score 31 (yes thirty-one) COMMTECH Stormtroopers at TRU for $1.97 each!!
    gosh darnit, no wonder why I couldn't find one of these puppies anywhere

(not to pick on you barada, I probably would have loaded my cart with a few myself).
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Originally posted by bigbarada
    31 Commtech troopers lined up in a row.... Mmmm.... My mouth is watering....

Did you buy them all at once? I would have loved to have seen the look on the cashier's face!
    Last edited by Obi-Dan Kenobi; 09-16-2001 at 02:11 PM.

Yep, they filled my shopping cart! When I went up to the cashier he said, "It's like you're building your own Imperial army." I said, "That's the idea." Then he said, "I bet they still wouldn't be able to hit anything." So I said, "Just shut up and load the bags fat-boy!"

Just kidding on that last quote.

I picked up 24 comtech stormies here in the UK for 5 a pop. I bought them in batches of six with a week between purchases so as not to deprive other army builders of the chance to get hold of them. Now I wonder why I buy them at all.......

Exclamation

When I went up to the cashier he said, "It's like you're building your own Imperial army." I said, "That's the idea." Then he said, "I bet they still wouldn't be able to hit anything."
    At least you had a SW fan who knows ST have bad aims!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Inflatable Pepsi cans?

Do you remember the inflatable Pepsi cans the various stores/convenient stores had in the summer of '99? I wanted some of those real bad. I finally managed to trade some figures for one from a friend.

But last fall, while going to a local festival, I passed a yard sale and the guy had the inflatable gold Yoda Pepsi can for sale. I turned right around and went back. I was determined to get that can, one way or another. He sold it to me for $1!!! I couldn't believe it!! I was willing to offer up to $20 for it!

The guy worked at a Pepsi distributor and had a ton of SW stuff he'd given away to friends and family.

Dag! Now I know why I was never able to find any of those Stormtroopers anywhere!!! Oh, well. My life sucks anyhow.
    I know I won't be able to get a fair resell on those so I'm not even gonna bother looking.

Well... I got 3 R2-B1s for $1.97 at Family Toy as well as all of the cloth goods figures (except Amidala). I got the Princess Leia collection sets for $2.00 each. That was pretty good... I thought.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

The commtech stormies I bought were probably part of the same seven million container loads that brought America that $1.97 sale deal. Only after import tax and all the usual mark up shenanigans I end up paying 5 that's what? $3.57 each. So it's still a good deal when you look at it. Especially when up til then a commtech stormie had cost as much as $10.71 or 15.
    My best deal before that was the royal starship I bought for next to nothing. I still have it up for trade if anyone in the UK is willing to offer anything for it. I don't know....say an Eopie..............

You never know...

Originally posted by bigbarada
    Yep, they filled my shopping cart! When I went up to the cashier he said, "It's like you're building your own Imperial army." I said, "That's the idea." Then he said, "I bet they still wouldn't be able to hit anything." So I said, "Just shut up and load the bags fat-boy!"

LOL!!!

Is there any chance I could buy 1 or 2 from you??
    [COLOR=blue][b]"There is another..."[/b][/COLOR]