Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Any comprehensive list of who's "off-limits"?

This question from anotheR Site this week got me wondering (I've trimmed it down):
    Rebelscum.com: What are the chances we'll see action figures based on...my personal favorite....Tyvokka the Wookiee?
    Hasbro: As for Tyvokka, he remains one of the figures that is off limits to us and will not be produced.
    Huh?

I know about the Tonnikas, due to the likeness issue. And the Holiday Special is supposedly completely off-limits, never mind that they've actually made two figures from it. (I've given up trying to figure out Hasbro's deal with the Holiday Special.)

This is the first I've heard of Tyvokka being off limits. I didn't even recognize the name and looked him up.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tyvokka

A Wookiee Jedi Master from a Dark Horse comic is off limits? Anyone have any clue why this might be? Can't be a rights issue, as there's no actor portraying him. And the series he's from (Republic) has given us a few figures already in comic packs, so it's not the series in general.

And are the any other characters who we may as well stop even thinking of because they're taboo?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Teek seems to be taboo, otherwise they would have made that delightful scamp by now.

Maybe they intend to flashback to the early days of Dooku or Qui-Gon on the cartoon and need to be free to contradict earlier stuff. (Since everybody already paid for it.)

At least they seem to just be hardheaded on Teek, Cae. It's always "no plans for now, but check out this awesome new Vader, this time with a jointed left ankle!" and never "Teek is off limits."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post

And are the any other characters who we may as well stop even thinking of because they're taboo?
    pretty sure Slicker's mom is taboo to Hasbro.

It seems any EU stuff pre-1990 is off-limits or at least not likely to get produced. I'd love to see some Hoojibs packed in somewhere. They were prevalent in the read-a-long books and in some Marvel comics.
    Throw in some power couplings for them to gnaw on for good measure.
    Seeing as the've already released a few 80's Marvel characters, I don't see why they can't do Jaxxon. Hasbro have genaerally laughed any suggestions off. Something about him being not "Star Warsy" enough.
    Anyone who has read the Space Usagi comics by Stan Sakai (Basically Usagi Yojimbo in space..Obviously) knows that there can never be enough space-faring rabbits.

I know that there was some discussion within LFL about Wookiee Jedi during the making of ROTS, and George nixed it, so there could just be regular Wookiees instead of Jedi ones during the battle. Maybe now there's a general "no Jedi Wookiees" rule? I don't know. That's all I've got.

As for other figures, I believe they've said they wouldn't do any dead figures, which means no funeral Padmé or crispy Owen and Beru. They have, though, done Maul and Jango figures that can "die," so who knows; maybe they were more action-oriented so they were fine. I'm pretty sure SSG asked them the question of who's taboo once, but their answer always seems to change whenever it comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Shark
    It seems any EU stuff pre-1990 is off-limits or at least not likely to get produced. I'd love to see some Hoojibs packed in somewhere. They were prevalent in the read-a-long books and in some Marvel comics.
    Throw in some power couplings for them to gnaw on for good measure.
    Seeing as the've already released a few 80's Marvel characters, I don't see why they can't do Jaxxon. Hasbro have genaerally laughed any suggestions off. Something about him being not "Star Warsy" enough.
    Anyone who has read the Space Usagi comics by Stan Sakai (Basically Usagi Yojimbo in space..Obviously) knows that there can never be enough space-faring rabbits.
    There's a comic pack coming out with three Ewoks from an old story from the 80's, so it's not completely off-limits. They also did the Tobbi Dala and Fenn Shysa comic packs. I believe, in the cases of the Mandalorians and the Ewoks, they were made since the characters appear elsewhere (and there seems to have been a trend recently to reintroduce old Marvel characters into newer EU, like Lumiya). They seem to not want to do Jaxxon due to the "joke" factor. But the fact that there's still nine years left on the license, I really do believe they'll get to him before the end.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

A well-done Luke (heck from any of the films) seems taboo.

Is Sifodias taboo?
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

pretty sure Slicker's mom is taboo to Hasbro.
    Slicker's mom isn't "off limits" to anyone!
    May the force be with you.