Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    bigbarada, I haven't received it, but a co-worker did and was telling us about it. I don't buy it for a moment, and put it in the same league as the supposed cash reward for forwarding the fictitious "e-mail tracking system" by AOL and Intel. She forwarded it on, adding a comment about the rescheduling of the Madonna concert (something like "She who bears the name of the mother of our Lord shalt not sing on Monday, but on the following day of Saturn"). I found her "joke" in extremely poor taste (in fact, I find most of her actions in poor taste, but that's another story), but it goes to show how easy it is to lie through e-mail.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Hey El Chuxter!!!

The Nostradamus e-mail is a hoax... someone put a bunch of his text together and made it all up to suit their silly whim. I will post a thing on here as soon as I can find it again.
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 09-13-2001 at 01:55 PM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Actually, the bulk of the quoet isn't even really from Nostradamus. And Nostradamus was full of poo.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/predict.htm

This sight has some great stuff on it, including info on that "obscene" C-3PO trading card. (It does LOOK obscene, doesn't it?)

Thanks Obi-Dan Kenobi! I can see now actually reading it myself how it is totally bogus. However this guy I worked with was totally convinced it was real and that the end of the world is near. Oh well, as the movie "The Messenger" said, "You know how simple people are. Always ready to believe any old prophecy."

About the mosque being attacked in TX, while I hardly find it shocking (I've seen just how prejudice still has a strong foothold in many parts of this country. Not just Texas, but everywhere.) I am angered that these perpetrators have allowed the terrorists to win. Once we begin to turn on each other then we've lost all hope.

If anyone is still awaiting word on loved ones, msnbc.com has a listing of contact numbers at the following url:
    http://www.msnbc.com/news/627095_asp.htm?0cm=c30
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Sean the Hutt
    God Bless America. I Know the Star Wars community here and around the world will support what needs to be done in the coming months and years. It really puts the whole collecting thing in perspective. I really don't need any of this stuff and it seems about as important as a 2 cent stamp these days. Do not fere Islam, or any religion. These are just the tools seriously disturbed people use and hide behind. My sorrow goes out to the people of New York, and to the free world. Now let's unite and do what needs to be done!

washingtonpost.com is reporting that the Pentagon plans to begin calling up Reservists to active duty within the next few days. It's supposed to be the start of a much larger military campaign.

Much as I wish to see the perpetrators brought to book for this atrocity, war is not the answer. I hang my head in shame that i belong to the human race. What have we all become that we destroy each other so easily and so swiftly? And still the arrogance that brought this attack upon you. I fear that you have not learned a single thing in these tragic few days. In the name of one god you will destroy those who attacked you in the name of theirs, and this is progress? What have we all become.............

Unhappy I don't want to go to war!

Trust me, no one is more disturbed at the idea of a full scale conflict than me. I have only six months left on my Army contract. I was really looking forward to going home. Now because of this I'll be forced to stay in until this conflict is resolved. I don't want to go to war, I'll admit that; it's the last thing I want to do right now. However if this will bring an end to this madness so that the world will never have to worry about terrorism from these people again, then I will go.

Reluctantly, I'll try to do my duty to make the world a safe place and hope that my actions will make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

vain hope that the destructon of these terrorists will mean no more of the same. Your country has many enemies around the world, fanatical zealots or not. to assume that this insanity can be ended by a conflict in the middle east is pure lunacy. War and conflict do not resolve a damn thing. I've lived with the fear of terrorist attack from Northern Ireland nearly all my life. it is something that you learn to live with. Look how the 'peacekeeping' forces have fared in Northern ireland. How many years has that struggle been going on with no end? America is a naive country that thinks it has the smarts. A knee jerk reaction now will bring down so much suffering on the American people. There are alternatives to war. But no-one wants that in your country do they? Seems everyone will follow Bush like the followers of Osama bin Laden follow him. The President has too much power. And that is the scariest thing.
    Last edited by Jargo; 09-13-2001 at 09:39 PM.