Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

E! On The Red Carpet... and beyond!

Okay... so I watched the E! coverage of the charity screenings. I loved the way that they totally blew off Bonnie Piesse when they were doing their interviews. She came up and said, "Yeah... I play Luke's -erhm, stepmom, I guess." Melissa Rivers was like... "Oh, yeah... well, that's nice... anyhow..." That was pretty crappy. At least Ewan got to speak about things a bit. They kidded him when he snickered about the title when he said it. The coverage was pretty boring, but there was nothing else on the tele that I wanted to see in particular.

I am hoping that there will be some good footage show on Wednesday's "STAR WARS: The Force Is Back!". It will get me primed for the full length film. That will be aired on E! at 21h and "Ewan McGregor: Revealed- with Jules Asner" will be shown at 22h.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Ewan looked pretty slick, I liked his shirt and glasses! Groovy!

Claire Danes is an absolute flake. So she's Rose Byrne's friend, eh? Nice segue. And you're absolutely right about Bonnie, I almost didn't even realize it was her.

James Earl Jones is pretty cool.

Re: E! On The Red Carpet... and beyond!

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    Okay... so I watched the E! coverage of the charity screenings. I loved the way that they totally blew off Bonnie Piesse when they were doing their interviews. She came up and said, "Yeah... I play Luke's -erhm, stepmom, I guess." Melissa Rivers was like... "Oh, yeah... well, that's nice... anyhow..." That was pretty crappy.
    I really like E! usually, but I will NOT watch anything with Joan Rivers in it, and for some reason they seem to like her. She honestly just bugs the HELL out of me and she NEVER knows what the heck she is talking about. She just babbles on and on...

And it amazes me that she actually has coattails long enough for her similarly emptyheaded daughter to ride on. I just can't stomach watching them.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Originally posted by Caesar
    Ewan looked pretty slick, I liked his shirt and glasses! Groovy!

Claire Danes is an absolute flake.
    Yeah... Ewan definitely had the "hip" and "trendy" thing going on. Claire... whatEVER!!!! "Yeah... my friend Rose is in the film, but I'm not sure what she does... i think she's a nurse or something..." DUH!

I felt really bad for Bonnie. Stupid Melissa Rivers. I can't stand Joan either,
    pthfnder89, so thank God she wasn't involved even though her spawn of hideousness was! I had to tune in though... I did it... in the name of STAR WARS!

While watching this program, I mentioned to my wife "It must be nice to be a complete vegetable and still hold down a job." I was referring, of course, to Melissa Rivers....and her equally ignorant and annoying sidekick. You would think that the dim wit would at least know the stars of the film she is covering. I don't even think she knew who Aunt Beru was when Bonnie told her. Some times the depth of ignorance in people amazes me.
    ubi mel ibi apes

I know... "Do your homework people!!!" I'm hoping the shows on Wednesday night aren't equally as daft. Jules usually does a good interview for her series, so I'm thinking that it will be fine. Sam Jackson is hosting the other special, so he SHOULD have a clue!

At least I'm not the only one who thought the entire special was BANTHA FODDER!!! Melissa Rivers and those sidekicks of hers should just shut the....up and go trekkin' with the Croc Hunter or something. I wonder what was going through Ewan and Sam's heads as they were getting "interviewed" (and I use that term loosely). Absolutely terrible!!!
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Yea, that the E! live coverage was absolutely horrid. Mellisa Rivers and Tood Newton are two of the flakiest personalities I've ever seen and they have absolutely no chemistry together. I had to change the channel more than once to avoid smashing a hole through my TV. They kept making terribly lame jokes about playing with the action figures (among other things) and I wanted to hurt them very badly.

I did watch the Revealed show with Ewan beforehand and found it very entertaining. The best part for me was when they were interviewing Ewan's uncle/acting mentor and I thought to myself "Wow, he looks kind of like Wedge." Then before they went to commercial, Jules Asner said that he actually WAS the actor that played Wedge. I had no idea they were related.
    Nute Gunray: "Will you stop talking about the war!"
    Mr. Fawlty: "Me? You started it!"
    Nute Gunray: "We did not start it."
    Mr. Fawlty: "Yes you did, you invaded Naboo..."

Ewan was "hip and trendy"? Did you see his hair? He looked like Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. But here's the thing: that's more or less how my hair looked in ninth and tenth grade. People actually called me "Ace." So aside from those shaded glasses, I guess I'm hip and trendy too.

You ARE!!!!