Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    does anyone remember the comic where they timetravelled and found hitlers brain and stuff and future-don wore that eyepatch and that long cloak? those were the cool times of the comic
    maybe I can scan in some pics (when that darn presto pagemanager wotks again!) for the ones who don't know what I mean

has anyone heard about a new Turtles movie???

a friend of mine said he heard about a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie in the works, and i was wondering if this is true or if he's blowing smoke up my shell????
    Lok: Who are you?
    Oobie: I am Oobedoob Benubi. I have the silliest name in the galaxy.
    Lok: What's your middle name?
    Oobie: Scoobi-Doobi.
    Lok: Oobedoob Scoobi-Doobi Benubi?

Nope Thumb Wars, It's true. The movie will be totally CGI, and will not continue the continuity that has been established by the cartoon series, live action movies, or live action series. It's going to be faithful to the original Eastman & Laird comic series. The Turtles were more hard-edged in that comic series. It was quite violent, and the Turtles often drank beer. I have seen some CGI tests from the new movie, let me see if I can dig them up.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

welp, here's some info on it... take it all with some grains of salt, but it looks like john woo is definitely attached to it somehow. not definite as director, though...

it looks like those digital sketches were made BEFORE talk of a movie, in hopes of making a cg cartoon show. but, the same fx house that made the cg cartoon show projects is on hand for this movie...

http://www.cinecon.com/movies.php3?m=tmnt

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/301029p1.html

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news9/010622.htm (it's the second white paragraph.)

http://www.dtheatre.com/read.php?sid=1451
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

YEA!!!!!!! i thought he was pulling my turtle leg, but its true!!! so it will more follow the comics?? that's good, because i thought it kinda hit the toliet when it became a "kiddie" item. i really did not like the cartoons, the first movie was good, the second was so-so, and after the third, i stopped watching!!
    Lok: Who are you?
    Oobie: I am Oobedoob Benubi. I have the silliest name in the galaxy.
    Lok: What's your middle name?
    Oobie: Scoobi-Doobi.
    Lok: Oobedoob Scoobi-Doobi Benubi?

Here you go, Thumb Wars. I have three links for you. One is to the still pictures from the TMNT CGI Test Movie. The second is where you can download the CGI Test Movie. And the Third is to the original TMNT #1 Black and White Comic Book. These pictures are actually from the upcoming TV series, but they are using the same CGI house for the movie, from what I understand.

TMNT CGI TV Pilot Still Images

TMNT CGI TV Pilot Clips

TMNT #1 B&W Comic Book

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Did somebody mention Turtles?

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Nope Thumb Wars, It's true. The movie will be totally CGI, and will not continue the continuity that has been established by the cartoon series, live action movies, or live action series.
    Cartoon: check. Live action movies: check. Live action series? Now, it might just be me, but I really thought I would have known about this. There was a live action TMNT live action television series?
    Anyone want to clarify, because I thought myself a BIG Turtles fan, and again, I really thought I would have known about this.

I could go for another movie, and I would really like to see it as dark as the comics. I had only read one b&w Turtles comic, something about an alien and a little girl (I'll have to dig it out and read it again), but I think it could do really well. The other Turtles movies were funny and good for what they were, but let's face it, they were for kids. I want to see some serious, adult humor, and some serious fighting.
    I would also like to see a return to the (I'm pretty sure anyway), original story line that Splinter was once a man and was changed into a rat because that's what he spent all his time with. I don't know if that's how the comic went too, but I think it works out better that way.

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Originally posted by Lman316
    Cartoon: check. Live action movies: check. Live action series? Now, it might just be me, but I really thought I would have known about this. There was a live action TMNT live action television series? Anyone want to clarify, because I thought myself a BIG Turtles fan, and again, I really thought I would have known about this.
    The live action TV series was made by Saban, and was similar to Power Rangers. It was absolutly horrid, and they added a 5th turtle that Splinter missed when he was gathering up the other 4. The 5th was a female, and was trained by some mystical kung-fu type of guy. He named her, "Mona Lisa". Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird dispise her, and said she would not become a part of actual TMNT continuity. Trust me, It sucked on toast. Thank the gods it flopped and was cancelled.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks