Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47
  1. #21
    thank you for the info and links guys. those screen shots i understand are early shots, but it looks a little .........cartoony to me. i hope it gets darker and grittier like the comics then. but thanks again!
    Lok: Who are you?
    Oobie: I am Oobedoob Benubi. I have the silliest name in the galaxy.
    Lok: What's your middle name?
    Oobie: Scoobi-Doobi.
    Lok: Oobedoob Scoobi-Doobi Benubi?

  2. #22
    Originally posted by JarJarBinks

    The live action TV series was made by Saban, and was similar to Power Rangers. It was absolutly horrid, and they added a 5th turtle that Splinter missed when he was gathering up the other 4. The 5th was a female, and was trained by some mystical kung-fu type of guy. He named her, "Mona Lisa". Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird dispise her, and said she would not become a part of actual TMNT continuity. Trust me, It sucked on toast. Thank god it flopped and was cancelled.

    MTFBWY and HH!!

    Jar Jar Binks
    I just checked the official site (looking for stuff on the movie), and I'm seeing stuff about this live action series. Wow, this is really racking my brains, because this seems vaguely familiar.
    I seem to remember that female character, Venus, and I listened to the theme song, and that sounds really familiar.
    Crap. Maybe it was so bad that I just blocked it out? This is really gonna haunt me until I can remember... Or maybe it's better that I don't?

    End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    __________________
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59
    __________________
    "I'm a rage-aholic! I just can't live without rage-ahol!"

  3. #23
    Originally posted by Lman316
    I just checked the official site (looking for stuff on the movie), and I'm seeing stuff about this live action series. Wow, this is really racking my brains, because this seems vaguely familiar.
    I seem to remember that female character, Venus, and I listened to the theme song, and that sounds really familiar.
    Crap. Maybe it was so bad that I just blocked it out? This is really gonna haunt me until I can remember... Or maybe it's better that I don't? End...
    Crap you're right, I made a mistake. It's not Mona Lisa, that was another charecter I believe that was a Playmates action figure creation. Yes, It was Venus DeMilo. Ugh, she's so horrid I actually forgot her name. Thanks for kicking me in the head and reminding me. Trust me, it's better you don't remember.

    MTFBWY and HH!!

    Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

    AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

  4. #24
    Actually... IIRC, the female Turtle's name was Shinobi. I remember that crystal clearly because in a chat room one time there was a guy who was going by the name Shinobi and someone started asking if it was because of the female turtle.

    I dunno about a CGI Turtles, I grew up with the cartoon series and live-action movies.... Didn't really like the live-action series, too bland, plus 30 minutes is just too short...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

  5. #25
    Originally posted by LTBasker
    Actually... IIRC, the female Turtle's name was Shinobi. I remember that crystal clearly because in a chat room one time there was a guy who was going by the name Shinobi and someone started asking if it was because of the female turtle.

    I dunno about a CGI Turtles, I grew up with the cartoon series and live-action movies.... Didn't really like the live-action series, too bland, plus 30 minutes is just too short...
    I have heard the name Shinobi too, but I don't know where I've heard it. But, her name was Venus, as it says on her figures package, and on the television show summaries:

    As the four Turtles stand helpless over the comatose body of Splinter, a shadowy figure enters their sewer headquarters and deftly strikes down each of the mutant ninjas... before introducing herself as Mei Pieh Chi, student of Chung I. Quickly making herself an ally of our heroes, Mei is given the nickname Venus de Milo.
    Venus Figure...

    Edit in: BTW, what does IIRC mean? I've seen it a few times before...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    __________________
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59
    __________________
    "I'm a rage-aholic! I just can't live without rage-ahol!"

  6. #26
    IIRC= If I Recall Correctly. That is, IIRC.

    MTFBWY and HH!!

    Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

    AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

  7. #27
    whoopps, looks like it's thread merging time....


    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

    The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

  8. #28
    Bleah, even the Playmates action figure line based on Saban's abomination was terrible. The figures were rubber-based for springy limber action, but just as Playmate's Ronin Warriors with "Power Coil" spring action bombed, so too did this weak crap. BTW, the first Venus fig was pretty rare for a while till people realized how crappy the show and the character were.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  9. #29
    Originally posted by JediTricks
    Bleah, even the Playmates action figure line based on Saban's abomination was terrible. The figures were rubber-based for springy limber action, but just as Playmate's Ronin Warriors with "Power Coil" spring action bombed, so too did this weak crap. BTW, the first Venus fig was pretty rare for a while till people realized how crappy the show and the character were.
    yeah, it's only rare if anyone actually wants it...

    as long as a tmnt movie is dark like the comic, and they DON'T have different colored bandanas, then this movie should be cool. they probably will have different colors, though...


    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

    The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

  10. #30
    Originally posted by darthvyn
    as long as a tmnt movie is dark like the comic, and they DON'T have different colored bandanas, then this movie should be cool. they probably will have different colors, though...
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
    Actually Eastman and Laird were originally against the colored bandanas, but it grew on them. That has become an accepted part of TMNT. It's best to keep them, IMHO. After all they have existed longer with them, then without.

    MTFBWY and HH!!

    Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

    AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO