Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    As long as it doesn't go the direction of the brief Image comic. Ye gods, that was bad! Donatello had to have a robotic suit to move, Leonardo was missing an arm, and Raphael was missing an eye and decided to wear the Shredder's armor! Oh, and Michaelangelo was practically engaged to Horridus from Erik Larsen's Freak Force comic book.

I enjoyed the cartoon, for the most part, and the Archie comic series was surprisingly good. But the first few years of the Mirage comic and the first flick reign supreme.

And we're getting TMNT 2 and 3 on DVD soon! Let's all pray for the speedy release of the cartoon series. (C'mon, you know you all loved it!)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Actually Eastman and Laird were originally against the colored bandanas, but it grew on them. That has become an accepted part of TMNT. It's best to keep them, IMHO. After all they have existed longer with them, then without.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    yeah, well that's why i said they probably would. it would help to identify the characters, instead of giving them <gasp!> different facial features and/or characterizations!

it's true that there's more recognition among the general populace with the mulicolored bandanas. oh, well.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    And we're getting TMNT 2 and 3 on DVD soon! Let's all pray for the speedy release of the cartoon series. (C'mon, you know you all loved it!)
    I wish they would hold off on the release of TMNT 2 and 3 and give them some special edition features. Making of featurettes, Audio Commentary, etc. Oh well, you know how the DVD industry is, they will release these barebones and then double dip them in the future.

As for the cartoon series, I have it on very good authority that they are preparing the series for DVD release. Hopefully in season boxsets and not some horrid "Best Of" release. I'll keep you updated when I learn more.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I used to wait on bare-bones DVD's, hoping for eventual SE releases, but I've realized that there are some movies that, no matter how they deserve it, will never get SE treatment. And I think the TMNT sequels are two examples. I'd love to at least get a fully-loaded TMNT 1 DVD, but I don't see that happening, either.

I liked #2, though #1 was far superior. #3 I'll probably get just to round out the set. It was okay.

I'm hoping for loaded full-season boxes of the cartoon. But I could go for a disc only containing the The Shredder Gets Splintered episode so I can hear "There's still some cheese left on this shredder. . . shredder. . . shredder" over and over in digital-quality surround sound.

Off subject a tad, but since you're the guru of DVD knowledge, have you perchance heard anything about the Dinosaurs TV series? Thinking of the animatronic costumes from the TMNT films got me to thinking about how awesome that show was.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    I'm hoping for loaded full-season boxes of the cartoon. But I could go for a disc only containing the The Shredder Gets Splintered episode so I can hear "There's still some cheese left on this shredder. . . shredder. . . shredder" over and over in digital-quality surround sound.

Off subject a tad, but since you're the guru of DVD knowledge, have you perchance heard anything about the Dinosaurs TV series? Thinking of the animatronic costumes from the TMNT films got me to thinking about how awesome that show was.
    I love that episode. Actually I loved the cartoon series alot, well...before they ruined it on Saturday Mornings. I used to have most of the episodes recorded on VHS, but you know..tapes wear out after you watch them so many times.

I haven't heard anything about Dinosaurs getting a DVD release. But it's not out of the question. Disney owns the property, and they are going to start doing TV releases on DVD. They are planning to release Gargoyles next year, so if it sells well I see the Mouse opening the flood gates.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I was able to dig this up at DVDToons.com:

Ninja Tutles Are Coming
    Reported by: anthony on July 23 2002
    Story posted at: 01:11pm cst

A few days ago someone sent me an e-mail stating that their would be a week long Ninja Tutles campaign, which would include someone posting different forms of contacting Artisan at various message boards.

Well, we never did join the campaign, but it did encourage us to contact Artisan. The Publicity Assistant at Artisan Home Entertainment was kind enough to look into our inquiry and report that a DVD is planned for 2003. Right now there are no details, but at least we know they are coming.

If you still wish to write to Artisan, here is their mailing info:

Artisan Entertainment
    2700 Colorado Avenue, 2nd Floor
    Santa Monica, CA 90404

Remember, Artisan is the one responsible for those weird packages like, Stargate (pyramid case) and Total Recall (mars case). Maybe the turtles DVD will come in a Turtle Shell case

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darthvyn, I hate to say this, but I don't think most audiences will be able to differentiate between the 4 different turtles without colored bandanas.

Chux, I'm surprised to hear the Archie Comics version was good. I've been a reader of Archie comics forever, but when I saw their ads in the comics about TMNT joining their ranks, I scoffed hard. I figured that the Sonic comic line was enough action for clean-cut Archie (not counting those awful RC Racers and Strange Mysteries sidetrips).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Darthvyn, I hate to say this, but I don't think most audiences will be able to differentiate between the 4 different turtles without colored bandanas.
    i know, like i said, more general populace recognition... it's just that it's like an easy way out, when you could make four different looking characters, instead of four different looking costumes (or in this case, color bandanas.) but it's kind of in tune with the original idea of the book, making fun of all the comic heroes that look all the same, just with a different gun or shoulder-pad and that constitutes a different character. the book originally was a toungue in cheek look at the comics of the day, where every new and "cool" character was a teenager, mutant, ninja or a combination of any or all of the above. they just threw in turtles to make it that much funnier.

if they had different facial features, different heights, shades of green, attitudes, voices - if they were differentiated by other features rather than the color of their bandana, it's totally do-able. just probably not gonna happen.

if they put me in charge of character design... hmmmm...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

One other issue Darthvyn... marketability. Studios don't make movies like this unless something "toyetic" can be extracted, and if all the turtles look the same, no matter how they act they aren't gonna sell. In a way, that issue is all Lucas' fault... but if it weren't for that, we wouldn't be here on this forum.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It never was a problem reading the original comic to figure out which turtle was which character. That was in total B&W and no one complained.

2 big give aways on the turtle characters in a movie would be their weapons and voices. Why would a ninja be wearing an orange bandana anyway?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.