X-Wing and Tie Fighters in AOTC.

This comes from www.theforce.net

Episode II Easter Eggs
    Mon, May 13, 02 09:15:14 PM EDT

Kalahari Karl sends this:

The host of upcomingmovies.com updated his Ep. II page again today, with extra news from his visit to Skywalker Ranch. Here's some interesting bits from the report:
    Now, to the really cool news: "easter egg" sightings. The last question I was able to ask George Lucas at Skywalker Ranch this week was intended to be about whether the Millennium Falcon, Han Solo, Lando or Chewbacca would appear in Episode III, but he answered the question before I finished, so I got just the Falcon part. The direct quote from George himself is "Well, and you're the first person in the world I've told this to, but there's already three Millennium Falcons in this movie." Well, I didn't see them, so I was perplexed. So, a little bit later, while at a F/X reel presentation, I asked the animators present what George was referring and they solved the mystery. In the film, when Padme and Anakin first arrive on Naboo, their ship passes a cargo bay where we can clearly see three Corellian Freighters (the ship class of the Falcon) lined up in a row. I'll be looking for this Wednesday night when I see the film again.

Another "easter egg" that one of the F/X guys mentioned later to me was that during the opening Coruscant chase scene, you can see X-Wings and TIE Fighters racing down one of the trenches.

Well, the TIEs are newly constructed vehicles with the SIE-TIE engine (there was a story about Raith on Holonet, so the timeline would fit). Don't know if the X-Wings are fully realized yet, it might be an advanced version of the Z-95 Headhunter.

Cool, but it'll probably be blink-and-miss.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Re: X-Wing and Tie Fighters in AOTC.

Originally posted by Battle Droid
    This comes from www.theforce.net
    The direct quote from George himself is "Well, and you're the first person in the world I've told this to, but there's already three Millennium Falcons in this movie." Well, I didn't see them, so I was perplexed. So, a little bit later, while at a F/X reel presentation, I asked the animators present what George was referring and they solved the mystery. In the film, when Padme and Anakin first arrive on Naboo, their ship passes a cargo bay where we can clearly see three Corellian Freighters (the ship class of the Falcon) lined up in a row. I'll be looking for this Wednesday night when I see the film again.
    [/B]
    Well we didn't have to interview George Lucas for this. There was a thread here about 1 1/2 months ago on this, and someone also posted a pic of that scene from the trailer where you can see the Falcon-type ships on Naboo.

That's why I love htese forums; we're so far ahead of the game...
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Yeah I know, I was posting it just for the X-Wing and Tie Fighters news.
    Last edited by Battle Droid; 05-14-2002 at 04:38 PM.

Well as long as they're not noticable I don't mind the X-Wing and TIE Fighter being in it. I think these, and the falcon, should be kept for the OT and should not be in the Prequels.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection