Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

After Ep3, then what?

I was thinking about this earlier today and began to wonder what I would do after Ep3's release? Would I still collect all the toys? Would I still haunt message boards to talk about stuff?

I came to the conclusion that what I would LIKE to do would be to close that chapter in my life (after buying all the DVDs of course) and move on. Hopefully I would be able to give up on action figure collecting and only come to these boards to visit with friends as there won't be too much to talk about anymore. I've never been a big fan of the novels or card games so I don't see those being a big draw.

What do you guys think? What are your plans for after Ep3? Do you have any plans? Or are you just taking it one day at a time? Or is the idea of no new SW movies just too horrible to think about right now?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Sit and wait for another 20 years for George to make Episodes VII, VIII and IX or the Prequel Special Edditions. That's all I'll be doing, I'm not a big collector anymore (after my last collection was destroyed by a mad dog ) and I'm not a big reader, so basicly all I'll be doing is watching Episodes I - VI and waiting for more films.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    It's kind of depressing to devote the first half of your life to something and have it go away.

I'm still holding out hope that after 10-15 years of making experimental "visual" films and some mediocre television series, George will get an itch to come back and make more adventures "a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..."
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I'll keep up with the friendships that I've made.And I'll continue collecting until there are no more.And then?I have no idea.Star Wars isn't such a huge part of my life that i'll be lost with out it.
    I will owe it something for the friends I've made.I'm still not 100% convinced that ep 3 will be the end.
    Han Solo:the early years T.V. series? I have no idea.All the sets and vehicle modles and costumes and all should still used for something
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

i can see the Fox special now: "Chewbacca, his real death."

actually i was just coming over to this section to post a thread just like this one, im hoping that 3 wont be the end, but if it is,im not sure what ill do, there wont be much to talk about anymore. I think that if gl makes 789 movies, they will be awsome, i read alot so, i guess that'l be it.
    Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet, how embarassing. - the great yoda

I heard rumors that Lucas mentioned in an interview that he'd contracted for 4 more films when he started TPM. Episode VII was supposedly on the roadmap. That would be cool to reunite the original cast (except Alec ).

Jonna
    Originally posted by Orn Free Taa
    I heard rumors that Lucas mentioned in an interview that he'd contracted for 4 more films when he started TPM. Episode VII was supposedly on the roadmap. That would be cool to reunite the original cast (except Alec ).
    I don't think that would be a good idea. It would be like some bad TV series reunion. Leave me with my memories!!!!

That might have something to do with Supershadow's "plotline" for Episode 7. Someone might've concocted a story to justify it. Lucas has said over and over that Ep3 is it, six movies, no more.

When Lucas finished ROTJ, he never dismissed the possibility that he would eventually be back once FX technology caught up with his vision. He's been stating over and over that after Ep3, there simply is no more story to tell. That's why I don't hold out any hope for future movies.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

It'll be a sad, sad day when the credits roll for Episode III.