Mann's Chinese has a Digital Projector!

As a tradition, my friends and I always see a new Star Wars movie at the Chinese. This year, I really wanted to abandon tradition and find a digital projector theater - other than Burbank - can't pay me enough to go there, but, when I saw the ad in last Sunday's L.A. Times, all I can say is, 'yeahhhh!'

A digital projector at the Chinese will be too cool! I'm going to the noon show Thurs, maybe I'll see some of you - won't know who you are, but may see you!

Yeah, I heard about the Chinese's charity screening being digital and it set off alarms, and now it's been confirmed on SW.com! I bought my tix 2 weeks ago without any idea that it'd be digital - I heard rumors that the El Capitan would get the digital version. Now it turns out that the AMC Burbank 6's digital projector has been moved to Santa Monica and the Burbank 14's digital projector is not on the map, so Burbank doesn't get digital at all and yet I get digital on opening day by accident! Wild!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I will not lie, my excitement factor is double what it was prior to learning about their Digital projector. I am now quite excited. FYI, Make sure you sit in the middle, as I don't thing the sides of the Chiense get the benefit of the kick arse sound system quite the same way

Didn't have a choice, line was huge by the time I got there (around 10am) and I had to sit on the right side. The sound was fine, if a bit muted for voice (it was like this for the trailers too), I think there needed to be more midrange or something.

Digital has come along, but I still don't think it's ready. It had a couple problems - some of which are the same ones I identified a few years back - but at least it wasn't muddy and fuzzy like the film prints are supposed to be.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.