Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Playstation lowers price

That's right Playstation2's price is dropping down to 199$ and the Ps one is lowered to 49$. Here is a link to the article.

http://money.cnn.com/2002/05/14/tech...cuts/index.htm

JIm

Cool! That's now much cheaper than buying a DVD Player AND a video game system!

It is rumored now, and is expected to be verified at E3 that XBox will also be lowering it's price to $199. If that is true then that will be one heck of a deal. You'd get the modem, hard drive, 4 controller ports, and a much faster system for your money, compared to PS2. Don't get me wrong I like PS2, but it sure is showing it's age ALREADY compared to Xbox and Gamecube.

Wow, $50 for a pretty decent video game system and only $199 for a system complete with a DVD player. I remember way back when some Nintendo games cost $50 and that was like back in 1989. And I thought some of those games were state-of-the-art with really good graphics. How times have changed!
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Originally posted by JediDan
    It is rumored now, and is expected to be verified at E3 that XBox will also be lowering it's price to $199. If that is true then that will be one heck of a deal. You'd get the modem, hard drive, 4 controller ports, and a much faster system for your money, compared to PS2. Don't get me wrong I like PS2, but it sure is showing it's age ALREADY compared to Xbox and Gamecube.
    The problem with the X-box though is this. Sega was interviewed and asked about PS2 vs X-box online. I think its in the new iss of Electronic Gaming Monthly(I think). Sega say that the X-Box works like this: Microsoft handed developers a system and said "Here's the box, here's the software, here's what it can do, make your stuff fit our system." Sony handed the developers this, "Here's the system. There's a lot of room for impovement. You thrid party guys do what you want to make it better."

In other words, where the PS2 is expandable and made more like rubber, the X-box is as hard as a rock in terms of developing stuff for it. And the PS2 has no set Hard-drive size yet. They could make it as big as they want. Or make multible sizes.

Besides, the one we have in the store is giving us nothing but problems. Its been replaced twice now and it may have to go back again. But our PS2, Gamecube(lunchbox), PS1, and Gameboy Advance were all put in the same time as the X-Box and they are all fine. I really fell that for all the hype, the X-Box is not much better then the PS2. and PS2 has more games.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

If I had to pick one system to buy, it would be the PS2. It seems like Sony knows what they're doing more than Microsoft and maybe even Nintendo.

BTW, I was at TRU today and they had a sign right on the door with the new $199 price tag.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

PS2 definately is on the ball right now. Even with the original though, PS did just about everything right. Sure, they've always been third in the graphics department, but they're vast library of great games, and excellent 3rd pary support.

Nintendo, I think, is in a league of their own, and has been for some time. They really only compete with themselves, when you think about it. People out there will always buy the new Nintendo system, because its Nintendo. (Like me for example.) I bought a Gamecube the day it came out, and only own 5 games right now; Rogue Leader, RE, SSB:M, Madden 2002, and Spider-Man, and 2 of those games are available on other systems. I realized there wouldn't be as many great games for this system right away, but Nintendo has never failed. They don't get as many "multi-platform" games, but they do get great Nintendo-made games, and that's why people buy Nintendo.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

A nice little price war right now would be great! Chances are (and rumors have it) that Nintendo will drop their price to compete ... which is great because my PS2 needs a little blue friend. Everything said and done though, the bottom line is that no matter how low the systems go ... and they all claim to take losses on their hardware ... the games will remain expensive. Who knows they may become more expensive. Hmmm ... do I buy the new Resident Evil or do I pay my broadband bill this month? (Remember back before PS1 when they claimed that games on disks would be less expensive, because they weren't burdened by the cost of the ROM chips in carts?)

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    If I had to pick one system to buy, it would be the PS2. It seems like Sony knows what they're doing more than Microsoft and maybe even Nintendo.
    Microsoft announced today that the Xbox price has officially been cut to $199. This is really cool timing because my bday is on the 21st, and I was asking for an Xbox, so I'll probably actually get one now.

Microsoft hasn't yet made any announcements about their accessories though (Sony lowered the prices on all their accessories as well) but hopefully they will lower the prices on them too, seeing as how Xbox accessories are quite simply, the biggest ripoff I've ever seen. $45 for their sucky huge controller

Nintendo also lowered the prices today on their controllers, but that has more to do with the fact that their Wavebird wireless controller comes out this month for $35, so they dropped the regular one down to $25.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Prices drop at Wal-Mart

Price changes came down today for the PS2, X-Box, and PSOne. The prices at Wal-Mart are as follows:

PS2 - $199.94

X-Box - $199.94

PSOne - $49.96

Also be on the lookout for PS2's greatest hits line for $19.82! Some titles that are on this price point are:

Twisted Metal Black, Smuglers Run, Grand Turismo A-Spec, The Adventures of A'lon Dar, and a few more I cannot think of off the top of my head.

Also, Wal-Mart has re-designed their cases for all the games and systems. They include 1 piece of glass that covers the entire cabinet, lighted toppers, they display the system so you can see how big each system is. Be on the look out for these new cases at your local Wal-Mart soon!

And the price changes should take place in the next couple of days.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"