Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TRU comics?

I just read mine--there's no way it could fit into continuity whatsoever.

Unless we add this line:
    BOBA: "Hey, dad, it's the guy you fought in space that time when you both spoke with stilted, cliched dialogue!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Talking

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    I just read mine--there's no way it could fit into continuity whatsoever.

Unless we add this line:
    BOBA: "Hey, dad, it's the guy you fought in space that time when you both spoke with stilted, cliched dialogue!"
    No, no, NO, Chuxter! It fits in after AOTC. Then it fits in perfectly with SW continuity!
    "That's what Sheev said."

Arrow

The second comic is called "Most Precious Weapon," and it does fit into SW continuity. Not bad really, with some interesting tidbits.

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    The action figure poster you get free is cool, too. All for just buying a Coruscant Obi-Wan for $5.99!
    I got the comic but not a poster.
    Dooku Fett's Star Wars Site

If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. But I dont have the time.
    -Chris Farley from Tommy Boy

"She's gone from suck to blow."
    -Zanders from Spaceballs

what is the second comic about.
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

I bought two figures the other day and they forgot to give me my comic. I wonder if I went back and told them I didn't get one the first time if they would give me one, chances are they wouldn't, but I guess it would be worth a shot.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Arrow

By AT-AT Man:
    what is the second comic about.
    The 2nd comic is from Count Dooku's perspective, and it occurs between the Dooku hanger duel and his return to Coruscant. It has some flashbacks and his thoughts about what just happened. Actually pretty cool.

By the way, I noticed that my comic was a little dinged up, so I wonder if the clerks were reading it while waiting to check out people. I had to ask for my poster also, but that was almost 2 weeks ago.

TRU comics

I have issues 1 and 2, and I got them at two different TRU. For issue 1, the comic was behind the service desk and I had to show my receipt to get one. For #2, the comics were sitting at the end of the checkout aisle, and I grabbed two.

I found the story in #2 more interesting than #1's.

Lightbulb

Comic #3 seems to be harder to find. One TRU said "Oh, we sold out of that one awhile ago." Another said they still haven't got the third one in yet. I wanna know how it ends! Is it really one new comic a week, or just whenever?

Yes, #2 was the better of the two, so far.

Now that I know #3 is reportedly out, I will visit a couple of the out-of-the-way TRU in my area. They seem to lag behind on merchandise a little bit more than the higher volume stores. I tend to have good luck at the out-of-the-way stores.