Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TRU comics?

I have visited several area TRUs since I posted my previous message and still haven't found comic #3.

Some of the stores have the comic sitting at the end of the checkout counter, while other stores have them behind the service counter.

I will keep searching!!!

Jonna
    I have just started to see #2 for the past couple weeks. #3 is not out in Northern NJ as far as I've seen.

I figured the TRU comic is like all other comics: The company says it will be released on such and such date and that date comes and goes without a comic.

Finally got #2 a couple days ago. I wonder why tru even bothered with this promo. They have only advertised it once in a sunday flier and that is it. It makes no sense to do a promo if you do not tell anyone about it.

anyone have 3 or 4 yet? does anyone know if they are even going to make them.

Thumbs down

I check my local TRUs about 1-2 times a week. Now, I just walk up to either the customer service desk or a checkout lane and ask if they've got #3 in yet. Nope? Okay. Then I walk out. Boooooo!!!!!!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I checked my TRU on Sunday after I bought a bunch of figures and no 3 or 4 yet. The manager was hoping they'd still come in.

Jonna
    Ya, I completely forgot about these things. What happened? I have the first two and then never saw any of them again.

I hadn't thought much about them in the last few weeks either. I told myself I didn't have to tear the local area apart looking for two comics! But since I was there on Sunday, I thought I'd ask.

I'm starting to wonder if the other two comics will be released.

Thumbs down

Originally posted on sw.com:
    Exclusive Star Wars Comics at Toys R Us
    October 22, 2002

Collectors of Star Wars toys and comics have been enjoying a series of exclusive Dark Horse Comics available with the purchase of a Hasbro Star Wars toy at Toys R Us; if you've missed out, the final issue will be debuting soon.

The first issue, "Full of Surprises" by Jason Hall, Manuel Garcia and Fernando Blanco, showcases the features of the Jedi starfighter as it squares off against the Slave I in a dangerous field of asteroids. In the second installment, "Most Precious Weapon" by Hall, Francis Portela and Albert Xiques, Count Dooku reflects on his most challenging lightsaber duels.

The third issue, available now, is "Practice Makes Perfect," by Hall, Garcia and Blanco. A headstrong and arrogant Anakin Skywalker tests his lightsaber combat skills alongside his mentor, Obi-Wan Kenobi, as the two Jedi are assaulted by mindless combat droids.

The fourth and final issue, due out by month's end, is "Machines of War". Set during the events of Episode II, it covers Yoda's arrival on Geonosis with a clone army, and demonstrates the power of the Republic gunship. It is by Hall, Portela and Xiques.
    I have been checking recently. "Available now" apparently means something else to Hasbro and TRU...
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega