Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Petition... Celebration 4 in UK ??

Ok then guys, Celebration 3 will be in Indianapolis.

How about the UK having Celebration 4 ???

Any others with me ??
    Very slim chance, but worth a go.
    TK6540 of the UK Garrison

Hey, if it guarantees that the SW Celebration is an annual event, I'm all for it showcasing in the UK from time to time!!!
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

Well, it's not an annual/yearly event, and since the next film is the last one, there really won't be anything more to celebrate.

Unless you go back in time to '77.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Yeah I kind of doubt we will see anymore Celebrations after 2005. Unless they do one for ROTJ's 25th anniversary in 2008. Even so it's doubtful that it would be located outside of the US.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I think it should be an official, annual SW Convention.......

it could be done......Trekkies have 'em all the time!!!
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

Annual? I like the 3 year intervals, it gives more anticipation.
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((IIIIIIIOIIIII

Tom Coglin does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.
    But he asks the impossible. I need more Monkey-Chow.
    - Caesar

I'm doubting any celebrations after the next one unless they start doing other SW movies (not necessarily part of the current lineup. Lucas already said no 7-9, but whats to say movies based on other events?).

Celebrations like every year or every other year would be cool. Something to keep SW alive over the ages.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to say that it should stay in the U.S. No offense, but the majority of the fans are here and not in UK.

I'd much rather hit the UK --- than Indianapolis. I'd love an excuse to get back across the pond again.

Originally posted by CooLJoE

Unfortunately I'm going to have to say that it should stay in the U.S. No offense, but the majority of the fans are here and not in UK.
    No offense to you, but there's more in the world besides the US. I bet there are more fans or about the same in Europe anyway. If you don't believe me, arrange a convention in The Netherlands and see how many people come visit. It's in the 1,000's. And yes, i am not kidding.

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com

While I would love the idea of a convention in Europe, I doubt it will ever happen. If for the sake of argument, Cel4 was to be in Europe, I think it should have a somewhat central location. I'm thinking Germany, maybe Berlin, Heidelberg or Frankfurt. Mainly those because of the US military installations nearby. I was stationed in Germany for two years and felt shut out of everything. Having a convention like Cel4 near a military base would have been a dream come true.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis