Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking at the Saga figures...

They did a really great job with these things... Ever since 3 weeks ago, I haven't had the time really to look over my new figures, I just bought them and hung them up on the wall. But I took them all down today and spent a few hours looking at all of them. The clothing, everything is very nicely sculpted. See: Jar Jar and Orn's senate robes, the Geonosian Warrior, Massiff, Yoda, everything looks really good. I have no complaints so far from this line. What do you think?
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((IIIIIIIOIIIII

Tom Coglin does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.
    But he asks the impossible. I need more Monkey-Chow.
    - Caesar

Yeah. I'm pleased with the sculpting although some of the figures should have more articulation-Padme for instance would be sweet if you could move her legs. I was really impressed with The EP1 figures particularly the beuracrats(sp?). Valorum, Amidala, etc. were all fantastically sculpted. This is one of the reasons SC Palapatine is on my top list as the fig to get!

I'm more than happy with my purchases . . .

R3-T7
    R2-D2
    C3-P0
    Anakin (Peasant Disguise)
    Female Tusken Raider
    Jango Fett (Kamino Escape)
    Yoda
    Royal Guard
    Orn Free Taa
    Massiff

The ones I don't like -- I just don't buy. And there have also been a lot of well done figures that simply haven't grabbed me as I'm not that into their characters.

But I'm really digging the quality of the sculpts this time around. Jango and the Royal Guard are both simply outstanding . . . For more thoughts on my purchases check out my post in the Reviews Section.

There are a lot of really nice figures in this new line, the ones that impressed me most were:

Dexter
    Geonosian
    Super Battle Droid
    Red Clonetrooper
    HD Anakin
    Yoda
    Dooku
    Plo Koon
    Tusken Female
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

This line is really something. The ones I am most impressed by are;

Luminara
    Padme Arena (my fav, but I'm bias)
    Royal Guard
    Orn Free Ta
    Count Dooku
    Jango Final Battle (articulation)
    Clone Troopers (red)
    Zam
    Anakin HD

* Padme Pilot will probably become my new favorite in about 3-4 months*
    What happened to the paint job?

I've never had a problem with the sculpts, I think most are incredible. BUT THE GIMMICKS MUST END!!!!!!!!!

I agree with brent the Anakin with the old school push out lightsaber and all the removable limbs are really to much.
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

How can you appreciate - truly appreciate something when only viewing it packaged? Just curious that's all. I agree that the original sculpts are very impressive on a lot of the figures when viewed as figurines/statues. But to actually view them as toys to be played with which hasbro keeps reiterating, then you have to concede the fact that they fall short. Limbs do not move with any range of actions, costumes impede the articulation and actions. The gimmicks don't work. No ifs and buts they simply do not work the way they are supposed to. Or were planned to. The figures look great but perform dismally. Articulation is given to figures that don't need it and not to the figures who do. There are some really bad choices of facial sculpt that only serve as a testament to the sculptors ability not as a good example of toymaking.

I won't bleat on repetetively, you've all heard my ramblings before aplenty. I just don't see how someone can formulate an accurate assesment of toys if they only leave them carded. buying and looking at the package is only half a review and that's all i have to say on the matter. Goodnight gentlemen.

packaged figures

Emperor Jargo,

As a "carded" collector (and in the minority here), I do concede that leaving figures in the package does not allow one to fully experience every physical aspect of the figure, but my personal preferences that outweigh that are:

1) It is easier to maintain the condition of my figures by leaving them in the package.

2) I don't really want to spend money to buy two figures to open one, nor do I really have adequate display space.

3) Finally, and most important, I consider the package a major part of the overall aesthetic (sp?) value of the figure.

Just chiming in from the other side.

Sorry, forgot to list the faves,

1) HD Anakin- I like the facial expression, and two sabers.
    2) Red Clonetrooper- Nice paint job and awesome arsenal
    3) Count Dooku- Again, pretty good likeness, and since I had to get him off Ebay (not at $1,000,000,000 though), I better like him!
    4) Yoda- Hey, he's got a lightsaber!
    5) CC Obi Wan- Cause he's Obi Wan.