Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cool!, thanks Caesar!
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

SWAFMAN,

i second your comments on gary oldman and chris rock. oldman is so good, a lot of times if you don't know he's in the movie, you won't even realize it's him. he's my favorite actor. note i say actor, not personality.

and chris rock: this guy should stick to stand up. funny as ever on the stage, lamest ever on film.

Johnny Depp 5...I just dont like the way he acts...
    Sean Penn 7
    Brad Pitt 7
    Denzel Washington 8
    Tom Hanks 8
    Jimmy Stewart...who's this guy?? I havent seen those 3 movies u posted...In what other movies did he appear??
    Russell Crowe 8
    Marlon Brando 9
    Robert De Niro 10
    Edward Norton 7
    Al Pacino 10
    Kevin Spacey 9

The other actor that would get a 10 in my scale would be Jack Nicholson
    As always...........L

Re: How would you rate these actors?

I have to admit that I have a hard time separating the actor from how they appear in public and their talent. For example, I despise Woody Allen in real life (I think he's a freakin perv) but I really like his earlier work. That being said take my ratings with a grain of salt.

Morgan Freeman - 10 (A great voice. Very soothing. Loved him in Shawshank)
    Sean Penn - 5 (Neither like nor dislike him. I couldn't care less if he disappeared from the radar.)

Brad Pitt - 7 (I think he's a dopey guy, but his acting isn't bad.)

Denzel Washington - 7 (A loud mouth, but he is a decent actor.)

Tom Hanks - 8 (A good actor, but he's starting to bug the hell out of me.)

Jimmy Stewart - 8 (Good actor, but many of his roles just felt like they were the same to me.)

Russell Crowe - 7.5 (Same category at Pitt, Hands, Washington)

Marlon Brando - 10 (for skills with a knife and fork) - 2 as an actor (Except for Godfather; I'll give him a nine for that one.)

Robert De Niro - 7.5 (His earlier work was much superior but lately has just stunk. I do give him a 10 for Midnight Run; such a great flick.)

Edward Norton - 5 (See Sean Penn)

Al Pacino - 9 (This guy is great. The only crappy movie I can think of with AP is Dick Tracy. Hoo-haw!)

Kevin Spacey - 8 (Hits me as an elitist snob, but is a really good actor.)

Johnny Depp - 5 (Also see Sean Penn. He was OK in Ed Scissors)

Tom Cruise - 8.5 (Seems like another Hollywood phony like Pitt, but he has done some good acting.)

Anthony Hopkins - 9 (Just because he does do dumb stuff now and then. *cough*Bad Company*cough)

Vincent D'Onofrio - 9 (I have to agree with SWAFFY. Great actor. I hope L&O: CI stays on for a very long time.)

Mike Meyers (SP?) - 9 (This guy is really funny. Every movie he's in he does such a fantastic job with what he's been given. I though AP1 was crap, but he acted excellently.)

Sly Stallone - 2 (Driven, Cliffhanger, Oscar...Need I say more?)
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas