Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dooku and Sidious's Grand Plan

OK, so I realize they are into some deep stuff together. But, basically, do they orchestrate the clone army to be made in order to give to the Jedi as help, and then only to take the army back to create the stormtroopers we know and love today?

The Battle Droids were created to necessitate the Clone Army. In order to "create" the Clone Army, Palpatine had to be given SUPREME POWER which he never gives up at the end of the film--AND he gets a gigantic army in the process!!! Basically, the whole thing has been set up to give Palpatine an insane amount of power which he'll eventually use to form the base of the Empire.

Pretty cool, huh?

Yeah, a little scary too.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Exactly. Don't forget about the Death STar.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Originally posted by Dexter
    The Battle Droids were created to necessitate the Clone Army. In order to "create" the Clone Army, Palpatine had to be given SUPREME POWER which he never gives up at the end of the film--AND he gets a gigantic army in the process!!! Basically, the whole thing has been set up to give Palpatine an insane amount of power which he'll eventually use to form the base of the Empire.

Pretty cool, huh?
    Are you saying Palpatine was instrumental in the Trade Federation's building of the droid army? Wicked.

What do you mean Palpatine needs supreme power "which he never gives up at the end of the film"? You saying that he GOT the power, and didn't give it away after it served its purpose?

Exactly.

He asked for the power, and specifically said he would give it up "when the threat had passed"... but The Clone Wars have only begun, so he'll still have that power in EpIII, and eventually permanently.

I just love one of those closing scenes of the Clone Army as the Imperial March plays. That was a great touch.

Actually Palpatine didn't ask for the power outright. He used his bureaucrats to manipulate Jar Jar into voting for the Military Creation Act. After he received the extra legislative powers he declared that he would step down after the crisis is over. In fact the crisis isn't over as the Seperatist leaders mostly got away. Which would 'necessitate' Palpatine staying on longer.

reminder to anyone who cares....the original plans (the first blueprints) where in the book rogue planet. grand moff tarkin (or whatever he was then) had them. what a tangled web we weave.
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Hango, I think Lucas has officially turned that book into non-cannon with E2. And I don't care a bit, the books and comics I have never accepted as true cannon. I accept them more as a possible tale. Sure, they are fun to read..but they have little or no bearing on what occurs in the movies.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Ohhhhhhh..that Palpatine is one evil S.O.B.